I Trust You

(Y/N POV)

"I..." I stopped breathing for a moment, taking my time to gather my thoughts together. Alexander took notice, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.
"Take your time." he comforted. No, I'd already taken enough time. I don't want to waste any more of it.
"Y- You wouldn't believe me if I told you, sir..." I stuttered nervously, though he ignored the fact that I didn't refer to him with his name.
"Y/N by now, I'll believe anything you tell me." he confessed, rubbing my shoulder.

"Okay fine but... please don't kill me or send me to a mental hospital or--"
"Y/N, stop worrying!" Alexander laughed, tilting forward to face me once more. "Whatever it is, I'm here for you, okay? And if you don't want me to tell anyone then that's up to you." He smiled, looking away as to not put pressure on to me.

"Okay, umm, how do I say this..." I took a long, deep breath, before exhaling slowly. A method my mum had taught me to calm my nerves. "I'm..." I shivered as a chill was sent down my spine. "I'mfromthefuture!" I spat out all at once.
"Sorry, I didn't catch that."

Oh for god sake.

"I'm. From. The. Future." I held my eyes tightly shut, not wanting to see Alexander's reaction.
"I... heh..." Yup, he was speechless, just as I thought. "I wasn't... expecting that, umm... you're sure that--"
"You're from the Carribean!!" I squealed, pulling away from his touch. "You're from the Carribean, a- and your mother died when you were 12!! When you were 17, your island was destroyed by a hurricane a- and you wrote it all down!! T- They helped you g- get to New York on a ship a- a- and--" I burst out into tears, covering my face with my hands. "I just wanna go home..."

(Alexander's POV)

How could she have possibly found all of this out? I hadn't muttered a word about my past to anyone! At least, not yet. Is she some type of witch? Or... is she telling the truth?

Nevertheless, I stayed silent; I didn't want to make her cry much more. She seemed such a lovely girl, too, I just don't understand... Though, I guess it explains why she knew General Washington and I. I knew something was wrong that day.

And so, I waited for her to continue.

(Your POV)

"Please, sir, I know it sounds stupid but you really have to believe me!" I sobbed. That's when I remembered. Of course! I stumbled over to my blazer, rummaging through the pocket. "C'mon, it's gotta be in here somewhere!" I murmured to myself, but all I could feel was an empty space. "Oh no. No no no no no..." I frantically waved my hand around.
"What is it?" Hamilton asked.
"My phone is gone!!" I screeched.
"What's that?"
"It's a device that you can play games on and talk to people and-- oh for god sake!!"

I kneeled to the ground; my one chance of proof was gone. Heh, I shouldn't get so whelmed up about it, it probably wasn't going to work anyway. Not properly. "Maybe we can find it?" Alexander suggested.
"I most likely dropped it in the trench." I assumed, "It's fine, though."

I knew it was hard for Alexander to take in what I was saying. But from how he was acting, he seemed to be managing it well. "Y/N, later this evening you'll have a meeting with the court." he explained. "It'll determine what's going to happen with you, that is, if you're willing to comprehend with them." The court? No, obviously. Alexander couldn't just keep me here, they'd need to look into my background. "If not..." he continued, "I fret that you'll be sent to the workhouses."

I couldn't be sent to a workhouse! I'd rather be on the streets than be there! Well... that's partially true. I just don't want to die here of all places. "So what am I meant to do, lie?" I questioned.
"Precisely."
"Oh, okay then... But how?"
"Well... You could make up your own backstory!"
"My own...?
"Yeah! Let's see..."

Alexander paced around the room, holding his hands behind his back. He was really willing to help, wasn't he? I had no clue what he was planning, but whatever it is, it better be good.

"How about you make up a family?" he suggested.
"Huh?"
"You know, recreate a fictional father, mother, siblings perhaps?" It was a possible idea, but how I could gather proof of their identity beat me.
"Sure. But how do I prove they're real?" I quizzed.
"Your father died years ago. You, your mother and siblings ran off to work for the colonies at war." Alexander blurted out off the top of his head.
"Hmph, sounds good."

I became perturbed, and I could just feel my face burning up by the second. The fact that I actually had to face an 18th Century court and lie about who I was... I didn't know if I could do it. Alexander took notice, and he knelt down beside me. "Hey, don't stress. It'll all work out, I promise." he vowed.
"...Okay." I sighed hopefully. "I trust you."

"So... Tell me about the future."

A/N

I swear if I hear Rewrite The Stars on the radio one more time I'm gonna cry.

Sorry that this chapter was shorter, I'm really tired and don't have the energy lol.

Anyway does anyone know what year Cabinet Battle #2 takes place? Will come in handy for future chapters. Thanks!