Declaration

!!Warning!!

(Y/N POV)

W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶  To Olivia,

What do you mean there will be a siege? That's a fight, right? A battle? Washington won't let you fight, will he? I asked Eliza and she said no. Speaking of Eliza, she's 4 months in now. She has the most utterly adorable bump I've ever seen. I'm going to protect that baby with my life.

I've been trying to write to John but he must be busy "ablishing slavery" or so he says. It feels like centuries since I've seen him. Eliza's been helping me set up the marriage and stuff, like the venue. I was thinking at Washington's house because that's where we first met.

Hubert and Charles decided to help me with the dress because their cool. I didn't force them or anything, I just came over and asked for a wedding dress and they were like "yeah sure". Charles has been looking around the women's section a lot, which I find weird. He's really chatty now, he's reached a maximum of 10 words in our conversations.

I don't know if bridesmaids exist here, but if they do then your one of them and you don't have a choice. Could Alexander be best man or not because he's technicly my dad and has to walk me down the e̶e̶l̶  e̶l̶e̶  a̶i̶l̶e̶  ile. But he's not my real dad. Dad's my dad. But here I don't have a dad. It's 1781, dad's alive in 2007. We should find a ring and drag him here so he can walk me down the ile. Then we can make him die again.

No, that's mean.

Basically, don't die so I can hire you as my bridesmaid, Alexander as my best man, find a ring, bring dad back for the ile, then send him back to d̶i̶  2007.

Bye.

- Emmy <3

Despite her words, she had a point. No matter what, Alexander had to walk her down the aisle and appeal as a father. The whole concept of my sister marrying John Laurens and having Alexander Hamilton accompany her down the aisle was surreal. Like something you'd write in some... crazy fanfiction.

I was proud of Charles, nevertheless, for actually interacting with people other than me and Valentino. He was proving that he wasn't a boy any longer. A fine gentleman. Yet until we'd secured our positions in Yorktown, I couldn't get carried away with him. Until I knew that our nation was safe would I-

...It was a brighter, more optimistic morning than usual. I was snuggled in my bed whilst using Emily's letter to block the sunlight. It glittered through, though wasn't enough to blind me.