New Home

°~Christmas Day, 1780~°

(Y/N POV)

"SALLY!!"

"SALLY WAIT!!"

Emily and I chased Sally around the house, just to strap a mini Santa hat to her head. Emily had basically claimed her as her own at this point, training her all of these new tricks. But Sally wasn't a fast learner. She'd tilt her head and rollover. Though she began to sleep less frequently, which was a good start.

"Wait- I've got an idea!" I scuttled around the house, to the end where Sally was headed. I knelt down to block her way, as Emily crept up to catch her from behind.
"Gotcha!" Sally flopped onto the ground whilst Emily tied the string around her chin, adjusting the Santa hat to fit her head. "Mission completed!" Sally rolled around, trying to remove whatever was on her head.

She suddenly scampered off into the living room, sitting on Alexander's feet. "Go on, shoo!" He beckoned Sally away, moving his feet from her. She bolted off to Emily, jumping rapidly up her leg. Emily scooped her up into her arms and sat down. I sat next to her, and Sally rested her body onto both of our laps.

"Oh come on, Alex, she's just a pup!" Emily exclaimed.
"She's a brainless dog." he muttered.
Eliza threw her head upon his shoulder with laughter. "What's so bad about dogs?"
"They're mindless imbeciles."
"You call this a mindless imbecile?" Sally kicked her hind leg as I scratched her belly. Alexander grunted, pulling Eliza closer to him.

The newly married couple had travelled on their honeymoon to the Pastures, Eliza's childhood home, for a week. They'd returned just before Christmas, with small gifts for us all. John was the one who'd bought the hat for Sally.

But Alexander was straight to the door with a simple knock. Mr Schuyler beamed as he came into view, shaking Alexander's hand. "Merry Christmas, my boy."
"Merry Christmas."
Mr Schuyler entered through, keeping his coat on. "Father!" Eliza hurried to him with a hug.

Sally jumped off of Emily's lap and to Alexander's side. Mr Schuyler kissed Eliza on the cheek, before coming over to us. We both stood up to greet him, before allowing him to sit down. "We have all saved up money since the engagement to afford the four of you a gift." he announced. Emily looked around the room, as to expect a big reveal. "Don't look so eager, child!" Mr Schuyler laughed. "Alas, you'll have to come with me to receive it."

He directed us outside to a carriage. Alexander and Eliza hopped up, intrigued to where we'd be going. With no other words said, we were out of the house. Emily was the last to leave, carrying Sally in her arms. "Emily..." Alexander grunted.
"It's Christmas, Alexander, would you like to be left alone at Christmas?" She nuzzled into Sally's head. "Besides, she's a little fluff ball and I must protect her at all costs."
"Let her have her moment." I convinced him with a smirk.

"What shall this gift be, father?" Eliza questioned.
"It's a secret, my dear. But you'll love it once you see it."

~

And my Lord did we love it.

The Schuylers had afforded us with a new home.

We no longer had to stay in that dump.

"It is fully furnished, so you do not have to transfer any of your old furniture. Whatever you want to keep, of course, shall be redirected here. Anything that is left shall be sold, and the funds will go towards your family." Mr Schuyler explained. Eliza couldn't speak from shock and was on the verge of tears.
Alexander gasped, flickering his eyelids. "How many bedrooms are there?"
"Four. Though one, I suppose, could be used as a nursery. There is a sitting room, dining room, kitchen, two bathrooms, office, garden..."

"Father, this is too much..." A tear finally slipped from Eliza's eye.
"I want to give you all the best life that you could possibly lead." -He looked to Emily and I- "And the happiest girls that you could possibly raise."
"Thank you, sir..." I beamed up at our home.

"Can we look inside?!" Emily asked eagerly.
"Of course, child, it's your home!" Mr Schuyler insisted. Emily set Sally down, beckoning her to follow by patting her leg. Sally did just that, as they closed in on the door. Alexander and Eliza shared a kiss, humbled by this gift.
"Go on ahead, Sophie." urged Alexander.

I followed in Emily's footsteps, gazing into the house. It was fully furnished, just as he'd said. The walls were a cream colour, perfect to be painted over if needs be. Emily would've already chosen her bedroom at this point, for I could hear clattering upstairs. I climbed up, discovering a short hallway. A room was directly in front of me, with two to either side. Emily emerged from the left, Sally skipping behind.

"Have you seen how great these rooms are?!!" she squeaked, tugging me into one. I was outstood by the size of it. Emily twirled around in delight, distracted by the window. I'd never seen one so big before, attracting beams of light within it. She stared out to the view of the garden with enlightenment. "Isn't this all we've ever wanted?"
I sighed. "I've never wanted this. I knew it was coming in the first place."
"Oh shut up with the musical theatre fortune-telling geeky crap!"

One thing I had taken notice of was that there were no beds. Perhaps we'd use our old ones, or pay for new ones with the money we'd have from selling the old furniture. Emily giggled, taking my hand. "C'mon, let's check out the other rooms!"

She led me into the opposite room, a spitting image of the last. She was taking too long observing a practically empty space, so I decided to explore by myself. I snook out of the room, going into the one I'd met at the top of the stairs. Inside was an empty bookshelf, with a desk and a single quill in the centre. "...Woah..." There were no windows: just a desolate room left to fend for itself. I picked up the quill, tracing over the feather.

"Hey, what are you-!" Emily stopped to check the surroundings. "...Woah...
It reminds me of Harry Potter's cupboard..." She studied the quill also, feeling the silkiness of each independent feather. "Are we... supposed to be in here...?"
"I don't know..." -I set the quill down- "Maybe not.

Let's catch up with the others."

~~~~~~~~~~

Well today's going s w e l l .

I was told I was getting my braces off 6 weeks ago.

Went for the appointment today.

Told I need them for another 2 months, extra tight, with tiny elastics right on my back teeth so I can't speak and I have to shove my whole hand in my mouth just to get them out.