Let It Out

(Y/N POV)

Despite Alexander enquiring that we discuss what we should do once we got back home, he only sat there in silence.

And, being socially awkward, so did I.

Which... didn't help whatsoever.

Out of boredom, I studied the living room. Hadn't I have noticed before, but I spotted a plank of wood from behind the sofa. On further inspection, I realised that a small piano remained in the corner of the room:

 On further inspection, I realised that a small piano remained in the corner of the room:

"It was a gift from an old friend." Alexander informed me. "Do you play?"
"What?" I questioned.
"...Do you play? The piano?"
"Oh, right!" Mum had bought me a keyboard for my 10th birthday, and from then on I self-trained myself. Never really had much experience.

"Yeah, well, I played the classics." I told him.
"Like Mozart?"
"No."
"Beethoven?"
"N- No... Y'know, like, Megalovania and All Star... The memes..." Alexander gave me a bewildered look. "...Yeah, you wouldn't know what they are."

"Then how about you show me?" he offered, spreading a hand out towards the piano.
"No thanks, I'm good." I declined.
"At least give it a try."
I sighed. "Okay fine."

I hastily got up and sat on the stool accompanying the piano. Alexander leaned on the side, watching me intensely.

Like... dude, stop.

I rubbed my hands together, trying to eradicate the sweat forming on them. Jeez, what should I play? I figured a meme wouldn't be so suitable, so I considered other options... pretty limited. Though, I did memorize the beginning to 'It's Quiet Uptown'...

Meh, as long as he doesn't know what it's about, we should be alright.

I acknowledged the fact that the black and white keys had been changed around, which was pretty confusing. I dealt with it, nevertheless, and focused on the keynotes. Before I knew it, I was off. My hands drifted across the piano, emersed in the song. For once I actually didn't mess it up. Holy cow.

"That was beautiful." Alexander stated.
"T- Thanks..." I stuttered, drawing my hands away frantically.
"I actually wanted to ask you about something." he revealed, scratching the side of his nose.
"What's that?"

"About yesterday..." Lord, did he still want to know about that? I'd told him numerous times that I don't remember anything. "I was curious about how you knew our names. Are we, perhaps, well-known in your time?"
"Oh, well..." Technically he didn't ask where he was known from, so I didn't need to tell him all of the details. "Yeah, actually. Some people even look up to you."

His face lightened up. "How so?"
"Well... You marry into a rich family, bare 8 children, have an afffffff--"
"'Afffffff' what?" Alexander questioned.
"Afffffffection! A very loving and compassionate affection towards them!" Heh... That was close...