Nothing Holding Me Back

°~6:34p.m.~°

(Y/N POV)

My dearest Charles,

It is to my knowledge that you will receive this letter at the time of my return. As it currently stands, letters have momentarily came to a standstill. At the time that I write this, it is September 27th. The weather is dull and the sky clouded; not that you would be intrigued by that, of course.

Criminality has inundated me since the fateful day that I rejected you. You have not wrote back since. I loathe myself for it, Charles, and I am most sorry. As you read this presently, we may have already been in discussion of this matter. Alas, I am here as an inducement to you of my despondency. Do not forget that I love you. 

Nevertheless, I additionally chose to write to explain myself to you. You are aware, as one would expect, of the name Y/N L/N. Sophie Hamilton is an imaginary figurine exploiting my mind. You are aware that Liet. Col. Alexander Hamilton is not my uncle and that Emily Hamilton/L/N is my true sister. Though, one thing you are not aware of is our origins. It pains me again, for you have told me every aspect of your life. I have not.

No doubt that you will be perplexed and I thoroughly understand that. One naturally would be. I would just like to reassure you that we are no threat to you, your sister or to the Dame Children. We vow to live in harmony among the people of this age as civil members of society. We wish to be equals.

I was born in the year of 2006, and Emily shortly after in 2007. In 2019, aged 13, I was sent back in time to 1776 and arose within a battlefield. Mr. Hamilton saved me and took me back to his home in New York. I explained myself to him and doubted that he would listen. Perhaps not for a few moments but he soon took it within himself. In court, I made the claim that my name was Sophie Hamilton and that Mr. Hamilton was my uncle.

The day that I met you, Charles, I had barely a clue about this world. It was the reason why I couldn't dress in these clothes; couldn't dance the traditional dances you would expect; couldn't write in a style one would interpret as fluent. A year later, my sister accompanied me from the year 2020. She thought of no reason to change her name and remained as Emily, although now a Hamilton.