General Wilson

!!Warning!!

(Y/N POV)

"Hello there, Miller."

"Let him go, Wilson, he's done nothing wrong!!" I protested, reconciling with
Ahiga's terrified eyes.
"Just like all the others who were once children alike he; he'll grow up to become a monster." Wilson argued.
"That's not true, Wilson! They're not monsters!!"
"YES THEY ARE!!" he screamed. "They all are. And every last one of them deserves to be punished."

Wilson tightened his arm around Ahiga's throat, holding the sword closer with the other. Ahiga shut his eyes, and tears rained down his cheeks. He was practically choking, frantically trying to pull the arm away. "He's still a young boy, he doesn't understand what's happening! He's innocent!"
"Really, Miller? Are you ready that dimwitted?! Maybe we should throw him in with the cavalry, eh?! Then he'll get a sense of what's happening!"

To this point, Ahiga was stained with tears. His eyes stung a bright red, infecting the rest of his face. I knew that he couldn't understand us, but the sheer horror in Wilson's voice would be enough to scare him. "Don't you feel pity for him, for anyone?! Isn't there someone you care about, someone you love more dearly than ever?!"
"Why should that matter?!" he grunted furiously.

"Because I know for certain that this boy is loved, as I'm sure he loves them!! Would you want to take that love away from him?! Take away his family?!" I questioned on my final note. Anna emerged from behind a desk, holding a plank of wood into the air.
"It would only settle things for taking away mine..."

Before he could commence with his actions, Anna smashed the plank across his head, causing him to fall to the ground. Ahiga dodged the flying sword, racing back to his mother. I mouthed a sharp "Go!", Anna gathering Adsila and Ahiga and leaving me with my newfound enemy.

He rubbed the back of his head in pain, finding his way back onto his feet. I armed my musket, shakily aiming it at him. "Very smart, Miller, very smart." Wilson chuckled. "Yet you couldn't even convince yourself to shoot me."
"I will!" I threatened, although I knew that he had more chance of being correct. "I'll shoot!!"
"And what then? Wilson mysteriously dissapears after the attack of an Iroquois village?"

I couldn't speak. As much as I despised him, he was right. What would I tell the others? What if he turned up alive? I'd be prosecuted for manslaughter. I looked down submissively, and Wilson took charge. He seized the weapon from my hands, holding it horizontally across my neck. I clasped the edge of the window ledge for stability, gazing into his hungry eyes.

"Don't test my patience lad: I know what you are."
Shit. He'd found me out. "Y- You do...?" I stuttered.
"Why it's simple: you're a fraud. A good for nothing bastard here to mock us, present us as another pile of shit to be trampled on." Oh, thank heavens.

But not quite so. He drew a dagger out from his back pocket, almost catching it with my neck. "What are you so afraid of, Miller?" he questioned.
"Nothing, sir." I whispered, holding my breath to prevent the scratch of the blade.

Cornelius was a skilled man. His tactics were on point, and his methods of training were complex. Dotted around during the first week of my arrival, I could see that he saw potential in me, though I could not see it myself.

I memorized what he'd taught me...

That was it.

Though I struggled to accomplish his ways, he taught me that if at any point there is no weapon available for me to defend myself, I must always find a way to use my physical well-being to the best.

Wilson was probably more trained than he, but alas, he'd have been weakened over the years. At the slip of my hand, he'd gouge that blade straight into my neck.

It'd all be over.

However, if I could correctly collapse his body, hitting a specific joint in his leg, I could make a run for it. Doing just that, I swung my leg around the back of his, using my foot to kick him in the joint right behind his knee. He stumbled to my right side, therefore I dodged to the left and ran. Who knows what the story would be once Wilson returned; he'd likely blame me for it all.

Down the stairs, out across the fallen door, realising that I'd left my musket in the hands of that vile man. But it didn't stop me. I was camouflaged within the trees, fearful for my life as the gunshots rang throughout my ears. Out of the blue, a group of Iroquois emerged from the village, heading at me. I hid myself behind a bush, allowing the group to pass by.

Checking back, Wilson wasn't following. I sprinted straight into the camp, noticing that the chaos was calming down. Body after body lay grotesque on the grass, tainting it with its own blood. I held back the urge to vomit, sneaking my way back around the back of the huts.

As I'd suspected, my horse had left before I was able to return to it. Though all fighting seemed abolished, I needed to stay on guard. I took a new musket laying lone on the ground as I detected movement. I forced myself to investigate, but I was too late. The stranger came at me first, aiming at my head.

Before either of us could shoot, we recognised each other's uniform, lowering our weapons. "Oh, Charlie!" what seemed to be John exclaimed. "Sorry, I, uh, could've shot you there!"
"As I almost did for you." I sighed, "Therefore, we are both in fault."

John chuckled. "Where have you been, anyway?" He began to walk forth to the rest of the cavalry, notifying me that no more danger was present.
"It's... hard to explain..."
"C'mon, you can tell me!" he encouraged.
"John, like you said, we met a couple of days ago. I can't trust you yet!"

"Hmph, fine..." John grunted. "Say, uh... I was hoping we didn't have to do this. Murder them, I mean."
"Yeah..."
"It's Wilson, always Wilson! Messing shit up when there's no need!" He took a glimpse over to Washington, as to the other Generals around him. "...Where is Wilson?"
"Maybe he's... Uh..." -I gulped- "...Out."

"So he just took a quick break?" John questioned.
"Yep."
"That sounds like a Wilson-y thing to do, to be honest." We laughed in sync, John reuniting with his stallion.

I checked around to see who was still present: not as many as before, but still a reasonable amount. Alexander, Lafayette, Hercules, Burr, Cornelius; they might've bared a scratch here and there, but nothing fatal, thankfully.

"Mind if I ride with you? O- On your horse, I mean." I asked John, stumbling on my words just thinking about what Wilson could do to my reputation.
"Of course. Lose yours?"
"I'm afraid so."

We hopped on, waiting for Washington's orders. "You four! Go and search for any missing soldiers; we can't afford to lose anymore." Washington commanded, signalling to four random men.

"Let's move out!"