97

The air was heavy with silence as Hana stepped onto the floor and it was so quiet that if someone dropped a pin it would sound like a gunshot. She caught eyes with a few of the men who slowly got to their feet and she took a deep breath, holding her head up high as she walked through the office slowly.

"Hana," Someone said stepping from behind his desk, "I...you have done us all proud and for what you went through, we are sorry,"

Hana sent him a tight smile, "Sure,"

"You've done yourself proud and we all know that you have done Wonho proud,"

Hana swallowed back her tears, "Yeah. Maybe,"

"Don't doubt yourself, Hana," The man sighed and was joined by a few others.

"I know that we shouldn't be apologising to you now but we ow out male pride take over," Another said and he sighed, "I think we hated the fact that a woman was better than us. Better with everything and not just making sandwiches,"

Hana lifted her eyebrows at him, "I am hoping that was a fucking joke,"

"Sorry. It was. Probably not the right time to be joking around with you,"

"No. Not really,"

"Look, for what it's worth, you are the best damn cop this town has ever seen," He said smiling at her, "An inspiration to other women and young girls who don't think they are good enough to fit in with a very male environment. Good on you,"

"Hana? What are you doing here?"

Hana looked over her shoulder and saw Jungkook walking towards her in a suit, his tie loose and his hair was still long and messy.

"I'm here to see Jae,"

"You should let Taehyung know where you are," He said, "After you went to Wonho's grave, he hasn't heard from you and you're soaked. Maybe you should change,"

"I'm ok. I don't really feel the cold anymore. Um, I should go. Are you busy?"

"I've just come back from court but I'm free now. I'll wait for you," Jungkook said, "Good luck with Jae,"

Hana walked away and Jae's secretary opened his office door for her, sending her a polite smile. Hana sent one back and stood in front of Jae's desk wanting to smack the look off his face.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't come," He said, "Take a seat, Hana. We should talk,"

Hana sat down and Jae moved from behind his desk to sit beside her. He folded his arms and stared at her letting out a small puff of air from his nose.

"I have read your report and it's very detailed and precise," He said, "Even when you were meant to be bed ridden, you still completed your work to your best ability. I can't say that I am surprised because you are someone that knows what they are doing but I didn't expect it to be done. I didn't have a time limit for you yet you did it anyway. So I thank you,"

"It's ok, sir," Hana said, "I wanted to get it over and done with,"

Jae sighed, "Hana, I might not seem like it but I care for your wellbeing. You have been through so much shit that you needed a break. I'm also extremely sorry for what happened to you. If you want to talk to someone about what Hoseok did you you, then I will get the best damn person in the city to help you,"

Hana smiles slightly, "There's no need. I'm ok,"

"If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. After all, I am the one to make you do this case," Jae chuckled slightly, "I have a proposition for you,"

"Before you say that, I need to say something,"

Jae nodded and leant back in his chair. Hana licked her dry lips and linked her fingers together on her lap.

"I tried to push myself to be the very best," She began, "To be someone that my parents would be proud of. I wanted to be the best big sister that my brother could get. I wanted to make them proud and just be perfect,"

"Hana, your parents would be very proud of you. I know a lot of people think that you got the job because of who they were, but that wasn't true," He said, "I was against hiring you because the area we live in isn't always made for a female cop. In the years I have worked here, no female cop has lasted more than a week. So when you care along I didn't want you to be in this office. It was safer for you to work somewhere else,"

"I proved everyone wrong,"

Jae smiled, "You did and I am proud of what you have achieved. Which is why I am promoting you,"

"What?"

"With someone of yours skills and standards, I can't have you walking the beat. Now, I know that Jungkook wants you as his partner but he will find someone else. I want you to-"

"No,"

"No?" Jae frowned.

"I...I'm thankful. I really am but I have to turn it down,"

"But I really believe that you can-"

"Jae," Hana said, "I've done things on this case that I can never take back nor forget,"

"Hoseok's death was a set back but there was no evidence that it was you. This squad needs you. Heck, I need you to be the squads captain,"

Hana smiled at him and shook her head, "Jae, I can never thank you enough despite the sexist remarks and never actually telling me that I was good at my job until today. Being a cop on this squad has been the best thing in my life but I can't do it anymore. I am sorry. I really am,"

Jae let out a frustrated sigh, "Shit. What am I supposed to do now? I told my boss the positions as been filled,"

"I'm sure you'll find someone else. Give Jungkook a few more years and he will be perfect,"

Jae scoffed, "I need the position filled now. I should probably find some other bastard to fill it then. But what are you going to do now?"

"Anything I want to," Hana said, "Travel mostly. I deserve it,"

"That you do. That you do," Jae said stretching his hand towards her, "I know how stubborn you are so I won't try to fight you to stay. But know this, if you ever regret your decision, you can come back in a heartbeat,"

Hana smiles and shook his hand, "I appreciate it, Jae. Thank you,"

"Before you go," He said as Hana started to walk away, "I have something to ask you,"

"Sure,"

Jae got to his feet and stuck his hands in his pockets staring intensely at her, "How is Kim Seokjin?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Jin. How is he?"

Hana parted her lips slightly and frowned at him but answered anyway, "He was doing well the last time I saw him. I...he never seemed to be the type to fit in with that crowd. I'm sorry, but why do you want to know?"

Jae smiled slightly, "No reason. We just go way back,"

"Oh,"

"Take care of yourself Hana. Try not to get into trouble,"

"Thank you. You too, Jae,"

A/N: what's this? Another update?

Good thing mini V is asleep and I had a small amount of time to do this.

Vote and comment throughout as always.

Stay weird <33