3

The rain had gotten heavier and Hana sat in silence as Jungkook drove her home. He kept glancing at her but her face was void of any emotion. He knew that she was still in shock but once the shock wore off, she'd be broken and needed someone with her.

"We're here," He said softly and put his hand on hers. She looked up and slowly climbed out of the car. Jungkook followed her to the front door and her body started to shake. He put his arm around her and knocked on the door.

The door was yanked open by someone with pocky hanging out of his mouth. He looked at Jungkook and his eyes finally found Hana.

"Hana!" He exclaimed, "What the fuck happened? Why are you covered in so much blood? Did you get hurt? Hana, what-"

"I'm Jungkook," Jungkook said and the guy put his arms around Hana, as she stepped into the house, "Can I come in?"

"Sure," He said, "Let me help her first. What happened?"

Jungkook sighed and ran his hand through his wet hair, "Yeah. She might need a strong drink,"

"Good thing I went shopping, eh?" He said, almost carrying her inside. He sat her on the sofa and rushed around grabbing a towel. He sat next to her and dropped the towel onto her head "I love you, but I won't be drying your hair,"

"Maybe you should get changed," Jungkook said.

Hana nodded and got to her feet, "Thank you. I'll be right back"

"So," The guy said when Hana went upstairs, "What happened? Is she hurt?"

"Are you her boyfriend?"

The boy grimaced "Hell no. I'm the younger and better sibling. I'm Taehyung,"

"Oh, sorry," Jungkook said, "Um, it was my first day as an official cop and the first shift that I saw someone die in front of me,"

"Do you want a beer?"

"Oh, no. I'm good," Jungkook said, "Did you ever meet her partner?"

"Who, Wonho?" Taehyung said, "Yeah. He's awesome. I was wondering when Hana and Wonho would get together, but my sister is a stubborn bitch. Have you taken over his place then? I wouldn't be surprised if Wonho is-"

"Wonho was shot today," Jungkook said and Taehyung's eyes went wide, "I...we saw him get shot. There was a car and then a loud noise and then a scream. I didn't know what was going on until I saw Hana on her knees with her hand on Wonho's neck and...I'm...I don't know what to do,"

Taehyung blinked away his tears, "I'll go get something stronger than beer,"

Hana sat beside her brother staring at the dark liquid in her glass. She was never a whiskey drinker but after what she had been through, she needed the strong drink. Taehyung was sitting in silence and Jungkook was rolling the glass back and forth in his hands, not wanting to speak.

"Thank you, Jungkook," Hana said quietly, "For bringing me home,"

Jungkook nodded, "What else was I meant to do? Make a shitty joke about what happened? Not my style,"

"Let me guess," Taehyung said bitterly, "That bastard said something sexist,"

"Does that happen often?" Jungkook asked.

"All the fucking time," Hana said, taking a sip of her drink, "I don't normally let it get to me but today I lost...I lost a f-fucking great m-man,"

Taehyung hugged his sister as she burst into tears "One of these days, that man will get what's coming to him. I don't wish death on anyone, but I hope someone shoots that guys dick off. Or even better, gets his head blown-"

"I'll pretend I can't hear that," Hana sniffed.

"Hana, you can't be serious. That guy has been asking for it since you went through your training!"

"Even so, he doesn't deserve to die for being insensitive and-"

"Actually," Jungkook said, "My job is to catch criminals, but if anything happened to him I think I'd let the killer go,"

Hana smiled slightly, "Wonho would have agreed with you. He never did like him,"

"He only has the job because he is a brown noser," Taehyung muttered, "Hana, I'm sorry about Wonho,"

"Yeah," Hana said quietly, "So am I. Not even I could have predicted it,"

"I didn't see the license plate because I was so focused on you and Wonho," Jungkook said,

Hana shook her head, "You don't need to worry about that. I saw it. When I get back to work, I'm going to tell the chief that this case is mine. Jungkook, I'd like your help with it,"

"Me?" He said, "But I'm a newbie and-"

"Newbie or not. I was there when you were training. I know what you are capable of," Hana said, wiping her eyes "And I wouldn't want anyone else to help me catch the bastard who took Wonho away from his friends and family,"

"There's no way you can turn her down," Taehyung said pulling her cheeks hard, "Look at my sister. She's too cute to be turned down,"

Hana elbowed her brother in the ribs, "The other guys are assholes and I don't trust them. I trust you Jungkook and I know you can help me,"

Jungkook bit into his lip, "I'll help but I don't know what I can do,"

"Anything. Anything will help,"

"Hana," Taehyung said, "Not the time to talk about the case. Drink your drink and then go to bed,"

"Don't tell me what to do," Hana mumbled and downed her drink, "I'm older than you,"

"So?" Taehyung said, "I'm smarter and I know that you need to go to bed and hug that stupid soft toy you have,"

Hana blushed, "I don't have a soft toy,"

"Why are you lying to yourself?" Taehyung said, "When you are stressed or sad, you hug it until you fall asleep,"

"I don't have a soft toy. Don't listen to him, Jungkook," Hana said, "He's talking out of his ass,"

Jungkook smiled, "That's good because I don't have one either. Um, I should probably be going now. I need to, uh, clean up and I just wanted to make sure that you were ok before I left,"

Hana nodded, her eyes stinging again with tears "I'll be ok. Wonho wouldn't want me to keep crying over him. He'd want me back on the streets and tracking down the wanker who did that to him,"

"Jungkook," Taehyung said as they got to their feet, "Thank you. For looking after my sister,"

Jungkook shrugged, "What else is a partner supposed to do?"

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love how the character part got more comments than the actual story -rolls eyes and glares at you hoes-

Stay weird hoebags <33