60

The wind was howling loudly and Hana pulled her scarf up to cover her mouth and nose as she walked down the road, heading towards the hospital. Namjoon and the others were out of the house and she couldn't find the car keys, so had to walk most of the way. But of course, she was on edge thinking that people were watching her.

Since killing Hoseok, she was worried that the gang he worked for behind Namjoon's back would find out and target her. Hoseok's body hadn't been found and Hana didn't want to think about what they did with it. She just knew that if people discovered it was her who shot him, she was going to be shot at or her brother would be used to lure her out.

Hana felt her blood run cold when a car pulled up beside her and her hand went into her coat pocket to wrap around her gun, but the window rolled down and it was Jungkook. She let out a small sigh and swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Where are you going?" He asked, "To see Darcy?"

Hana nodded, "Day off?"

"Yes and no," He said, "Get in. I'll give you a lift,"

Hana looked around before climbing into the passenger seat. Jungkook shot her a confused look before pulling back into traffic. The journey didn't take much longer but Hana felt relieved to get a lift the rest of the way. Jungkook pulled into the hospital car park and turned the engine off before turning his body to look at Hana.

"There's something wrong," He said, "You are on edge,"

Hana nodded, "You could say that,"

"Would it have anything to do with Hoseok?"

Hana's heart dropped into her stomach, "What do you mean?"

"Well, I spoke to Darcy," He said and Hana felt her blood run cold.

"About what? Did she-"

"She didn't say anything about her attacker," He said, "She spoke about yours,"

"Jungkook, I-"

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, "I could have helped you bring him down,"

"It wasn't that easy," She whispered, "Do you realise how much power he had over me? I...I have never been so scared in my life Jungkook. He hurt me and I have to live with that for the rest of my life. What makes you think I could be so open with that and just tell you?"

Jungkook sighed, "I'm not saying you had to be open, I just wish I knew. I wish that I could have helped you and I don't like the fact that you are still living in that house. With your god damn rapist!"

Hana gulped, "He isn't living there anymore,"

"I really don't need you to lie to make this better, Hana," Jungkook said, "I thought we were friends. I know that I'm still a new cop but-"

"No, he isn't living there anymore," Hana said looking at him. Jungkook frowned slightly and Hana sighed, "He's dead,"

Jungkook blinked a few times, "What?"

"Yeah but now isn't the time to talk about that," Hana said, "I need to talk to Darcy. I need to find out who did this to her,"

"Shit. Hoseok is dead?" Jungkook said, "Well, I can't complain because you are there to bring him down. Do you know anything about his death?"

"Of course," Hana said, "But Darcy is more important,"

"You're right," Jungkook said, "I saw her yesterday but she is refusing to talk about who did this to her. She's scared,"

Hana nodded, "Whoever did this to her is even more powerful than we thought,"

Later that night, Hana was still thinking about her conversation with Darcy. She never gave anything up and kept changing the subject. Hana had tried her best to get her friend to tell her even the smallest of details but nothing. 

It was like Darcy didn't want to bring that person to justice. Or she was just too scared of that person. Hana began to think that it was more than one person that attacked her. She wouldn't be surprised if Hoseok had something to do with it, but with him out of the picture she had no chance of finding out.

Jungkook had told her that Seunho was at a loss because the semen they did find, didn't match anyone and Darcy refused to talk to the police. He had said that he was trying everything he could to get her to talk by offering her witness protection but she kept her lips sealed. Hana knew that if Darcy wasn't going to talk, the case would be dropped and the person or persons who did that horrendous crime would get away with it. Probably to do it again.

Hana closed her eyes and rested her head on the bath side, closing her eyes. Even in her years of experience, there was nothing she could do. If the victim wasn't willing to talk then there would be no case or prosecution. Not even being Darcy's friend could get her to talk. Hana's mind kept thinking that Hoseok was the cause of this. Hana was his target and he was smart. He knew how to get to her. Attacking her friend was a smart move and using other people to do it was even better.

"You look deep in thought,"

Hana screamed loudly when she heard Namjoon's voice and she slipped under the water. She quickly resurfaced and gasped for air, flicking bubbles from her face. She coughed a few times and grabbed the edge of the bath, trying to calm her nerves.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She screamed, "Why would you do that?"

"I did knock," Namjoon smirked.

"You can't just break into my room!"

"I didn't. You left it unlocked," Namjoon said, leaning on the side looking down at her naked body covered in bubbles, "Best decision I've made today,"

Hana reached over the edge of the bath to grab her towel but Namjoon quickly stepped on it, moving it away from her.

"Give me my towel,"

"No," He said kicking it out of the bathroom. He closed and locked the door before leaning on the sink again, "We need some alone time and since the boys are busy, I thought we could spend some quality time together,"

"I don't want you near me right now," Hana said through gritted teeth, her heart racing at the way he was licking his lips at her. She suddenly felt very vulnerable and tried to cover up her body. But her body was reacting to his look and she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Too bad," Namjoon said, pulling his shirt over his head, "Because I could really do with relaxing right now after the day I've had, the water is still hot enough because it's still smoking and the bath is big enough for the both of us,"

"You-"

"It would be best if you don't argue with me on this," Namjoon said, pushing his trousers down his legs, "I've had a very bad fucking day,"