88

Taehyung sniffed and wiped his eyes before splashing his face with cold water. He dried his face and opened the bathroom door. He hadn't slept properly since his sister was taken and he didn't want to turn to sleeping tablets. His eyes were always bloodshot and his hair was messy and out of place.

"Tae,"

Taehyung looked up and saw Jungkook step out of his room. He sent him a nod before going downstairs trying to make himself feel hunger. Jin was in the kitchen making coffee and he looked up.

"Did you get any sleep?" Jin asked pouring a coffee for Taehyung as he sat down.

"Yeah thanks for the coffee, but I don't drink it,"

Jin sighed, "You need to sleep,"

"And you need to find my sister," Taehyung snapped, "I'm going to class. I don't know when I'll be back,"

"Wait," Jungkook said, jogging into the kitchen, "Maybe you should stay home. We-"

"If I stay here then I will fail my course," He said, "Hana will kill me if she finds out that I've been skipping,"

"I'm sure your lecturers won't mind that much," Jungkook said, tucking his uniform in "Your sister was-"

"I'm leaving," Taehyung muttered.

The lecture hall was too hot and Taehyung could feel his eyelids getting heavy. He was struggling to stay awake but managed to last until the end because the girl sitting next to him elbowed him.

"Are you feeling ok?" She asked, "You don't look very well,"

Taehyung forced a smile, "I'm ok. Probably stressed about the exams,"

She smiled, "Tell me about it. My dad is constantly on my back about it. He keeps going on and on about studying that I sometimes forget how to read. My mum just tells me to take it easy,"

"My sister is like that," Taehyung said stretching his arms above his head.

"Did you want to study together?" She asked, looking at her hands, "We could go to the library and it won't matter if you fall asleep,"

Taehyung shrugged, "I should probably go back to...no. Sure. I guess I could study more and I won't get in trouble if I fall asleep,"

The girl nodded, "I'm Mia,"

"Taehyung,"

"It's a bit weird. We've been in the same class for a while but have never spoken,"

"Yeah," He said getting to his feet, "I don't tend to socialise too much,"

"Then I'm lucky you are talking to me," She smiled shyly and Taehyung nodded, "We should probably head to the library before the good tables get taken,"

"Lead the way," Taehyung said.

It didn't take long for Taehyung to fall asleep but Mia let him stay asleep. He knew that Jin was right. He needed all the sleep he could get but he struggled with it, knowing that his sister, his only family member left, was out there probably getting hurt.

Hana was the only person to keep him sane and on the right track. When they lost their parents he saw how strong she could be. She took on the role of his parents and worked hard to help him get into university. She often came home late and on her days off she was either working a case, tidying the house or treating Taehyung to food or clothes. Hana did her best to keep Taehyung motivated and strong.