12

The rain had now turned into an annoying drizzle that coated everyone's hair as they stood, or walked up and down the street. Darcy had explained that they got fewer customers when it rained, so they stood around for a few hours before heading back home or they went to a bar to get drunk and try to pick up customers there.

Hana huddled next to Darcy as she smoked under a bus stop that was no longer in use. Another girl joined them but she sat in silence staring up at the dark clouds floating through the sky. She didn't say much and didn't want to join in with their conversation. So, when a car pulled up beside them she was the one to get into the back of it.

"Ok," Darcy said getting rid of her cigarette, "Let's go. No one is going to come in this rain,"

"Where do you suggest we go?" Hana asked.

Darcy grinned, "There's a nice bar a few streets from here. A few of us girls go there in the rain and drink until we pass out. Plus, we know the owners so we are looked after,"

"Alright," Hana said, "I'd rather drink than stand around in the rain waiting for my fake clients. I'm sure they were going to send Seunho again anyway,"

The bar was slowly getting busy, with people dancing on the dancefloor, getting drunk and people hitting on everyone they saw. Darcy sat with Hana at the end of the bar, sipping strong cocktails. They both thanked the bartender when he put a bowl of chips in front of them.

"This is better than standing in the rain," Hana said, looking around the bar.

"Hopefully no one will recognise you," Darcy said, "But mostly, the people here aren't criminals,"

Hana shrugged, "I don't look anything like my usual self, so I should be ok. Plus, this isn't my brother's scene so I won't bump into him,"

"Hana," Darcy said shifting her stool closer to her, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure,"

"What made you do what you do?"

Hana smiled slightly, "Now isn't the time to talk about that but it has something to do with my parents. My dad mostly,"

"I'm sorry about your friend," Darcy said and Hana nodded, "It must have been horrible to see,"

"It's strange," Hana said, "I've seen people get shot and killed in front of me before, but when my best friend was killed, I just didn't know what to do. I felt helpless and I couldn't save him,"

"I understand," Darcy said patting her hand, "A few years ago, one of the girls was beaten and shot in front of me. The pimp wasn't a nice man and used to beat up on all the girls,"

"Did he hurt you?"

"On more than one occasion,"

"What happened to him?"

Darcy shrugged, "Suga found out. The man got into the back of their car, and he was never seen again. He was replaced within a few days but pimps will be pimps. They are cruel and only care about money,

Hana nodded and sipped her drink, "Do you think you'll ever get out of this business?"

"Who knows," Darcy said, "I've never really thought about it. This is all I know and I wouldn't know how to do a regular job,"

"I'm sure you would catch on quick for any job," Hana smiled, "You could always become what I am,"

"No way," Darcy said, "I hate those places and sticking an ex-hooker in that environment is asking for trouble,"