20

The clouds were dark in the sky as Hana crossed the road towards the restaurant Jungkook was in. She pushed the door open and felt people staring at her as she walked to her table.

Jungkook was staring at the menu when she sat down and he looked up at her.

"What the fuck?" He said quietly, "Hana, what the hell happened?"

"The job went wrong," She said, "Long story short, they used me to get a guy they were after but he beat me up. The guy is probably dead now. He was in charge of gun deals on their turf,"

"Name?"

"Taewoo but I don't have the last name," She said, "I have another job but I don't know what it is yet. I have to steal a document but I'm not sure who from,"

Jungkook nodded, "There has been a missing person case at work. Someone called Kang Taewoo but so far his record is clean. His wife called saying he didn't return home from a bar last night. So far, no one is talking. The bar is owned by Namjoon so I doubt anyone will talk,"

"He has a wife?" Hana asked feeling sick to her stomach and Jungkook showed her a picture on his phone, "Yeah. That's him. He liked the young girls,"

"Damn," Jungkook said, "Hana, I don't want you on the case anymore. It's doing more damage to you than him. I'm worried and I can't sleep at night knowing that this could happen to you,"

"I need to bring this bastard down," Hana said, "I need to get enough evidence so that Wonho can rest peacefully,"

"I understand that but you're getting yourself hurt!"

"I appreciate your concern, but this has to be done. I've worked my way into the inner circle, sort of, so I can start grabbing evidence where I can. I know that if body parts show up around town it's them. Yoongi or Suga said that to me,"

Jungkook sighed, "Alright but if I see you like this again, then I'm talking to Jae and I'm getting him to pull you off the case. What does your brother think of all this?"

"He doesn't know," Hana said, "And he isn't to know. I want to keep him safe. Namjoon and his friends are capable of everything. Taehyung has to be safe,"

"What if he catches you on the street?"

"Then I will act my ass off to protect him. Look, I need to crack this case,"

"I get that but I don't like seeing you like this. You're my friend Hana and I want to look after you,"

Hana smiled, "I'll be ok,"

"Just don't get too close if you know what I mean. I don't think that would be a good idea," Jungkook said and Hana let out a nervous laugh, "Hana. Please tell me that nothing happened between you and the guys,"

Hana swallowed the lump in her throat, "I...I'm sorry. I had no choice and-"

"Fuck," Jungkook said, "Why couldn't you think of an excuse?"

"I panicked! If I turned them down then they would get suspicious. Yoongi is already suspicious of me because I only sleep with certain men. Jungkook if I had any choice then I would have made the right one!"

"Is this why he is so obsessed with you? Because you fucked him?" Jungkook snapped and people started to look over at them, "Hana, you were supposed to stay away from them,"

"I tried that. I want them to stay away but they keep coming back. You think I wanted to sleep with him and want them near me?" Hana asked, tears appearing, "And do you want to know what I hate the most? Is that I enjoyed it. I hated how I wanted him and I hated that I wanted him to touch me more,"

Jungkook sighed and grabbed hold of her hand, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have got angry. I just...I don't know. I'm just worried that he is going to hurt you and I'll have someone knock on my door telling me that you've been killed,"

Hana smiled and wiped her eyes, "No one is going to kill me. I won't let it happen,"

"Anything can happen. Just be extra careful, please. I don't want to be the one to tell your brother that you've been taken to into hospital or that you're dead,"

"You won't have to," Hana said, "I'd never die on the job especially with so many unsolved cases,"

Jungkook laughed slightly, "Good because I wouldn't want to take over them. Anyway, we should call a waitress over because I'm hungry now,"

"Good idea,"

They both sat chatting for hours, talking about cases and their personal life. It made Hana relax as it had been a while she had the chance to think about something normal.

With Namjoon watching her every move, she had to be careful and watch what she said to Darcy. Hana couldn't trust anyone, even the other girls. They had started to stand with them after Yoongi had visited her in her flat and she wasn't stupid. He had made them spy on her.

When Jungkook paid for their meal, Hana walked through the rain back to her dingy flat. Girls had started to walk the street and a few waved at her as she stepped into her building. She sent a small wave back and headed up to her flat.

Her heart jumped into her throat when the door was open slightly. Hana looked around and bit into her lip knowing she should leave but she was already pissed that she let herself get beaten.

Hana pulled the gun from her bag and pushed the door open, walking inside keeping it raised, ready to shoot an intruder in her flat.

The light flicked on and her heart dropped into her stomach at the man sitting on her sofa, smoking. She lowered her gun and closed the door behind her.

"What do you want?" She asked, "You must have a death wish to come here when everyone is out,"

Jae smiled, "I think you should sit. We need to have a chat, don't you think?"