25

Hana checked her watch and sighed when her brother hadn't shown up yet. It wasn't often that he was late but when he was, he was late. She folded her arms and tapped her foot impatiently as people walked by already getting started with their day.

"Hana!"

Hana rolled her eyes to see her brother running towards her with a big grin on his face. His smile was infectious and she stood up letting him hug her tightly.

"You're late," She said pinching his cheek.

"Yeah, sorry about that," He grinned, "I had shit to do,"

"Like what?" She said, "We agreed to meet up just over half an hour ago,"

"I know but I had shit to do,"

"Ok. You are so gross," Hana said and he threw his arm around her shoulder laughing, "How is your course going?"

Taehyung sighed walking beside her down the road, "I've done most of my assignments but I have one that is really stressing me out. I'll figure it out in the end but I've taken a break from it,"

"I'm sure you'll be fine," Hana said, "So, what do you want to do? Get something to eat first or go to visit the parents,"

"I'm hungry," Taehyung pouted, "Since you've not been at home, I haven't been eating properly,"

Hana laughed and tapped his stomach, "I can tell,"

"Bitch, I will throw you in front of a bus," Taehyung said, "I know how to get away with murder,"

"If you say so," Hana said.

"The bruises look better," Taehyung said, "I hope you don't get covered in more,"

"Probably not going to happen," She said, "Look, don't worry about me,"

"How can I not worry about you?" Taehyung said, "You're my sister and every time I see you, you are covered in more bruises. I asked Jungkook about what stupid case you're on and he won't tell me,"

"It's better that way, Tae," Hana said, "Trust me and hopefully I won't be on it for much longer,"

Taehyung sighed, "I'd rather you get an office job than be a cop. You should have listened to mum when she asked you to be normal,"

"Shut up, loser," Hana grinned, "I'm stubborn. You know that and mum eventually supported what I wanted to do,"

"Yeah, yeah," He muttered, "You just wanted to have men turn their heads with you in a uniform,"

"Taehyung!" Hana exclaimed, "Do you mind?"

"Not really," He said, "As your younger, better-looking brother, it's my duty to annoy you and make you uncomfortable but it's also my duty to make sure that you are healthy and not getting into any trouble. However, those bruises have trouble written all over them,"

"What can I do about that?" Hana said, "Can you just pick where you want to eat, please? I want to visit the parents before I have to get back to work,"

The cemetery was quiet when they arrived and they had to hold their heads down when the walked by an ongoing funeral. Hana never was good with funerals and after Wonho's one still fresh in her mind, she had to hurry away or she'd cry.

Taehyung squatted in front of their parent's graves and took the dead flowers from the vases and replaced them with fresh ones. Hana wiped the dirt from the headstones and squatted next to her brother, linking her arm with his.

"They would be so proud of you," Hana said quietly, "Their terror of a son growing up and going into law. Mum would cry and dad would pretend that he had something in his eye,"

"I wish they were still here,"

"So do I," Hana said quietly, "But they are looking down at us probably boasting to everyone else that we are their kids,"

Taehyung sighed, "Hana, do you know what upsets me the most about them not being here?"

"I have a long list as well,"

"They will never get to see us fall in love, get married and get the chance to be grandparents,"

Hana swallowed the lump in her throat and tried not to cry, "Yeah,"

"As someone of your age, they would be asking about a boyfriend. Wondering when you were going to settle down and have babies," Taehyung smiled through his tears,"

"You aren't far off," Hana said wiping her eyes with the back of her sleeves, "You'd be getting a lecture as well,"

"You've taken over giving me lectures,"

"Tae, I always gave you lectures. Even when they were still alive," She said, "Do you remember when you went out at 14 and got so drunk I had to pick you up so the parents didn't find out?"

"Yeah," Taehyung said, "But they did find out and I got grounded for a month and so did you for keeping it a secret,"

Hana smiled, "Then mum felt bad and let you off. I was still grounded for a month and missed Wonho's birthday party,"

Taehyung laughed, "That's a lie. I saw you jump out of the window and leave,"

"Shit," Hana said, "I thought you hadn't seen that. Why didn't you tell mum and dad?"

"Because you tried to keep me getting drunk a secret," Taehyung said with a shrug, "I owed you,"

"But they found out,"

"You still tried," He said, "Hana, do you think they will ever find out who did this to them?"

Hana's heart skipped a beat, "Who knows. But enough of this depressing shit. I'm sure they don't want us to think about what happened to them. We need to stay positive. Ok?"

Hana stood up and yanked Taehyung to his feet. She kissed her fingers and pressed them against the headstones and her brother did the same.

"We should leave before I don't want to," Hana said, "Let's go. We still have movies to watch and I can't leave too late. I have things to do tonight,"

"Same," Taehyung said, "I'm going out tonight. For the first time in months,"

"Going out, or going out out?"

"Obviously hitting the bars. I plan on drinking so much that my friends have to carry me home,"

Hana laughed, "Just don't get yourself arrested,"

"Won't happen. I have you as a sister," Taehyung grinned.

"Uh-huh," Hana rolled her eyes, "Of course, how could I forget being related to someone like you?"