Chapter 199

"Skyler, sing Mary Did You Know for Mom and Dad. I bet they want to hear how good you sing." Drew told me.

Now? Already?

"Yeah, honey. We would love to hear that pretty voice of yours..." Dad said as he walked to my mother.

I looked at Shawn, gulped, and then turned to face both of my parents.

"Wait, before you do, we have to record this. Remember? This is going on her YouTube channel." Shawn told Drew, and then grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

"Yeah, right." Drew replied and Shawn handed his phone over to him.

"The password is 1998." Shawn told Drew.

As Drew typed the passcode in, he said in out loud to himself, "1-9-9-8. Got it."

"Do we have a guitar or keyboard around here?" Shawn asked my parents.

Come on Shawn. I doubt there's an instrument just laying around here.

"Actually I have my guitar. I don't know if you know this Skyler, but I play a little guitar myself. Hold on. It's in my room. I'll get it for you." My dad said, and then walked out of the room into a hallway where I guess his room was.

"Dad plays guitar?" I looked at Mom saying.

"Yes he does. He used to play it a lot more when he was younger though...like when he was your age. He took a little break when you and Drew were born, but recently ever since we got in here...playing guitar is all he does." Mom said as she looked directly at me.

I guess drinking and drugs replaced playing the guitar but now that he's stopped drinking and taking drugs he's back to guitar?

"Guitar is his hobby, I guess.." I said.

"That it is," my dad said as he came back in the room a few moments later with his guitar.

I watched my father as he walked to Shawn and handed him his guitar.

After that, my dad walked to my mother and stood beside her.

"Are you about ready to video, Drew?" Shawn asked as he put the guitar around him.

"Yes I am. Just tell me when to start." Drew said with a smile on his face.

"Does this thing need tuning?" Shawn said as he looked down at the guitar, strummed it a little bit, and then realized that it totally needs tuning.

So, there's absolutely no drugs or alcohol in this place?

I looked around and didn't see any.

Shawn tuned the guitar, and then after that we were ready to do the video.

"Drew, we are ready." Shawn said after he took one glance at me to see that I was good and ready.

I took a deep breath, and then Shawn started playing the guitar once we heard that Drew had started the video.

A second later, I started singing.

Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you
Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God
Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Mary did you know?
The blind will see, the deaf will hear, the dead will live again
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb
Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect lamb?
That sleeping child you're holding is the great I am
Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Mary did you know?
Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Mary did you know? Oh
Mary did you know?

After the video, I looked at my parents and they were stunned.

Then, I looked at the camera, smiled, and said, "Well, I hope you all enjoyed that. If you did, make sure to give this video a big thumbs up. If you haven't subscribed yet, you can. Other than that, Merry Christmas and I'll see you in the next video. Love you guys."

Once I said that, I signaled Drew to stop recording and he did.

"Wow honey—" My dad said.

"Your voice, it's stunning!" My mom said.

I looked up at my parents and said, "Thanks."

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Shawn smiled at me and took the guitar off him.

"Honey, right when we get out of here, we are going to one of Sky's gig." My mom said as she looked at my father.

"For sure," my dad smiled at my mother.

I'm not used to having a dad figure in my life. It's going to take time to really forgive him for not being in my life for so many years.

-

Hey guys. I'm sorry that it has been weeks since I uploaded. ❤️ I owe you guys a few chapters, don't I? 😊 Thank you for being so patient with me.