Chapter 83

Bailey arrived at the apartment an hour after Shawn left.

"Hey Bailey. How have you been?" I asked as Bailey walked into the apartment.

"Oh, I've been good. I'm going to meet up with my parents in a few days...like see them face to face." Bailey replied as I took her bag from her.

"Really? Awww, I'm so happy for you!" I told her as we walked to Shawn's room.

"Thanks Sky."

"Anytime. Well, are you okay with staying in Shawn's room?" I asked.

"I'm perfectly okay with that." Bailey said as we entered his room.

I placed her stuff down in his room as she looked around.

"So, why didn't you go with Shawn to California?" Bailey asked.

"I don't know. It's a quick trip, so that's probably why. He won't be in Cali for long." I told Bailey as I looked at a photo of him and I hanging up in his room.

"Ah, I see." Bailey said, and then my phone beeped.

I checked my phone and Shawn snapchatted me.

I opened it and it was a selfie of himself with the caption, "I just passed security."

I sent a selfie of myself smiling at the camera.

He instantly replied with a selfie of himself smiling with the caption, "You are so beautiful."

"Do you have any nail polish here? I really need to do my nails." Bailey said.

"Yes, I have tons of nail polish actually." I told her while putting my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

"Okay, lead the way missy." Bailey said as we exited Shawn's room.

Bailey followed me into my bathroom.

I opened the bottom cabinets and pulled out a container of nail polish.

"Damn, girl. That's a lot of nail polish." Bailey chuckled as she grabbed the container from me.

"I need to do my nails also." I told Bailey as I closed the cabinets.

"Well then, come on. We can have a nail-doing party." Bailey said as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Nail doing," I chuckled.

"What else are you supposed to call it?" Bailey asked as we went into the living room.

"I guess you can call it 'nail doing'. It just sounds weird to me." I said as I was about to sit down on the floor, but then I remembered we needed paper towels.

"We need paper towels," I told Bailey and walked into the kitchen.

"Sweet. You have nail polish remover in here." Bailey said as she pulled out nail polish remover.

"I sure do," I smiled as I grabbed a handful of paper towels.

I brought them to Bailey, and then sat down on the ground beside her.

I removed my phone from my back pocket because it was jabbing me, and then placed it in front of me.

Then, I picked out a nail color.

I picked a dark blue.

"Oooh, that's a cool color." Bailey smiled at me.

She picked out a dark purple.

"Since we will be sitting here for a few, want me to turn some tunes on? I loveee me some music." I smiled.

"Sure." Bailey replied.

I got up again, turned on the stereo, connected my phone, and then chose a playlist off my phone.

After I did my nails, I blew on them for a good couple of minutes. Bailey blew on hers too after she finished.

Once our nails were dry, we decided that we would order Chinese food and watch a tv show. So we did. We watched a few Friends episodes while eating Chinese food. It was a good night so far.

By the time we went to bed I was tired.

I plugged my phone in because it was about to die, said goodnight to Bailey, brushed my teeth, undid my hair, changed into comfy clothes, and then laid in my bed.

My phone suddenly buzzed.

A text from Shawn.

I made it. ❤️

I smiled, and then texted him back.

I'm glad. Good night. I love you so much.

I put my phone on my nightstand, turned off the lamp that was on, and then started relaxing my body.

I heard my phone buzz a few seconds after I closed my eyes, but I didn't even bother checking my phone.

I knew what Shawn texted without even looking at it.

I love you too with a heart emoji.