Chapter 142

A few minutes after Drew got his cast on his broken arm, we made sure we were good to leave the hospital.

We were, so we left after we got Drew's medication.

I so don't want to leave the Mendes'.

I get that it's Shawn's family and they sometimes remind me of him, but it's about to be Christmas.

You're supposed to spend time with your family during Christmas.

They might not be blood related, but they are apart of my family.

I'm going to try to convince Aunt Tracey if I can spend the day with the Mendes' during Christmas Day.

As we were almost to the cabin, Aunt Tracey turned to me saying, "You have been awfully quiet during this car ride."

We had to go to the cabin first to get my stuff from there.

I honestly couldn't wait a week to have my journal. I needed my journal.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." I said as I looked towards my aunt.

"Drew, you're not being very talkative either." Aunt Tracey said while looking in the rear view mirror at him.

"I'm thinking too," Drew replied.

I turned my head, looked out the window, and sighed.

After my aunt's navigation app led us to the cabin, before I got out of the car, she looked at me seriously saying, "In, and then right back out."

"Got it," I said as I took my seatbelt off.

I opened my door, got out of the car, closed the door behind me, and then ran inside.

When I entered the house, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me.

"I'm sorry guys, but I got to go." I said sadly, and then walked to my suitcase.

I packed up what I took out, and then started walking towards the door.

Aaliyah followed me with my new guitar in her hand.

"My aunt is making me grab my things from your parents' place. She wants me to totally move on from Shawn and she doesn't think being surrounded by you and the rest of the fam is helping." I told Aaliyah as she walked me out.

"You kidding, right?"

"I wish," I said as I walked down the front steps outside.

"You can't leave me," Aaliyah said.

"I think I have to." I replied.

"If Shawn didn't do what he did in the first place, none of this would've happened." Aaliyah said as we both got to the car.

"Tell me about it," I rolled my eyes.

All of a sudden, I looked up and Shawn was running towards me.

"Speaking of..." Aaliyah said as she looked at Shawn.

"What do you want Shawn?" I asked once he got to me.

"I know whatever I do or say won't fix anything. Even if I say 'I'm sorry' 100 times, that won't help. You have to know that I really feel bad. I really do. I can't get you out of my mind or the mistake I made out of my mind-"

"Get to the point. I gotta leave." I told Shawn as I put down my suitcase and folded my arms.

"Christmas Eve, could you please come over to my parents' house? I want to just talk. That's all I'm asking. I want us to tell what we are both feeling and what we could do to maybe start healing our relationship. I'm not asking for you to be my girlfriend. I just would like us to not be...like how we are now."

"I'll think about it," I replied.

"Here, I'll put your suitcase in the car for you." Shawn said, and then picked up my suitcase.

He put my suitcase in the trunk, Aaliyah handed me my guitar, and then I got back in the car.

After I closed the door behind me, Shawn and I couldn't stop staring at each other.

A second later, Aunt Tracey drove off.

-

I'm sorry that this chapter is kind of short. I'm also sorry that I haven't updated in like a week almost.

I hope you guys are doing good. You guys are really awesome.

I see every time you guys comment, what you guys comment, everything.

Just know that I appreciate everything and I love you guys. :)

I'm worn out, but I swear I'll try even harder to update more. I know you guys want me to update more.