Chapter 171

"That was a really good dinner, I'll have to admit." I told Shawn as I finished what was on my plate.

"It was really good." Shawn agreed, and then put the last bite of food in his mouth.

"Okay, let's go shopping." Aaliyah walked to me saying.

"Yes, let's go." I said, handed my plate to Shawn, and then got off the couch.

"Can I come?" Shawn asked.

"No." Aaliyah answered for me.

"Why?" Shawn asked.

"Because. Anyways, can I borrow your keys?" I asked Shawn.

"Yeah, sure. Don't wreck the car though." Shawn said, grabbed his keys in his pocket, and threw them to me.

I caught them saying, "I won't."

Next, Aaliyah and I went to the kitchen.

"Hey, we are going Christmas shopping." I announced.

"Okay, have fun." Brian said as he was doing dishes.

"Will do," I said.

Aaliyah and I then walked to the front door.

On our way to the front door, Aaliyah and I each grabbed a sweatshirt and put it on.

After we went outside, we both went straight to Shawn's car.

As I got in the driver's seat and Aaliyah got in the seat next to me, I asked, "So, what do you think I should get Shawn?"

"I don't know. What do you think you should get Shawn?" Aaliyah replied as we both closed our car doors.

"Maybe a necklace. He loves necklaces." I said as I put the key in the ignition.

"Yeah, he loves necklaces. I don't think you need my help. What else are you thinking of getting him?" Aaliyah asked as we both put our seatbelts on.

"He of all people doesn't need another guitar, so that's off the list." I said as I put the car in drive.

"He doesn't need another guitar." Aaliyah chuckled.

"I don't know what else I'm going to get him. I'll figure it out when I get to the store." I said as I started driving the car.

"How much money do you even have?" Aaliyah asked me.

"I have money to get him a necklace and another small thing." I said.

"I can pitch in if you need me to." Aaliyah said.

"Thanks, but I think I'm good." I said.

When we got to the store, Aaliyah went with me to the necklaces.

"Ooh. I like this one." I smiled when I found one.

{necklace pictured}

{necklace pictured}

"Shawn is going to love that." Aaliyah smiled at me.

"It looks super expensive though." I said.

"Let's ask someone how much it costs." Aaliyah told me.

"Hey, excuse me? How much does this necklace cost?" Aaliyah asked the man who was standing behind the necklace counter.

"Wait, is your name Skyler?" The man asked while looking at me and ignoring Aaliyah.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"My daughter adores you. She adores your voice." The man said.

I smiled saying, "You can tell her that I say thank you for loving me. I appreciate it so much."

"It's no problem. Here, you want this necklace? You can have it for free. You make my daughter so happy." The man said, and grabbed the necklace.

"You don't have to-"

He cut me off saying, "It's the least I could do. Plus, it's Christmas so."

"Well, thank you." I smiled as he handed me the necklace in a holder.

"My pleasure," the man smiled back at me.

"Okay. Let's go to the t-shirt aisle." I looked at Aaliyah saying.

"Merry Christmas," Aaliyah said to the man, and then we walked to the t-shirt section.

"Since we are here, I might as well get my Christmas shopping over with." Aaliyah told me as we approached the t shirts.

"After I'm done shopping for Shawn, I'm going to shop for the rest of you." I said.

Shawn is going to look so good in the necklace I got him. It's not even funny.

Aaliyah and I separated when we got to the men t-shirts.

It took me a few minutes to search for a good t-shirt for Shawn, but I finally found one that I know he's going to love.

It's a super cool design.

{shirt pictured}

{shirt pictured}

When I found the shirt, I started searching for Aaliyah.

All of a sudden, she popped out of no where with a onesie.

"Wouldn't this be perfect for Shawn?" Aaliyah chuckled as I looked at the onesie.

It was a bear onesie.

"To be honest, yes, it would be perfect." I laughed.

"And I got a matching one for Brian." Aaliyah said as she held up another bear onesie.

"That's hilarious." I smiled.

"Yep." Aaliyah smiled.

"Alrighty. I'm going to shop for you now, but you can't be with me." I told Aaliyah.

"You can't be with me while I shop for you either. So, do you just want to meet back here in 20 minutes?" Aaliyah asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

Then, we went our separate ways.