Chapter 170

"I got food everyone!" Bailey announced as she stumbled through the door with a ton of bags in her hands a few minutes later.

"Yippee! I'm starving!" Shawn said, and then he went to go help Bailey with the bags.

Yippee? Shawn can be such a dork sometimes.

"I got a bunch of random food. I don't know what everyone likes so I just grabbed a little of everything. You'll see." Bailey said as she walked into the kitchen.

Shawn followed her.

"Let's see what you have here." Shawn said, put the bags that he was holding down on a counter, and then looked in one.

I got up and walked into the kitchen.

"You got stuff to make a salad." Shawn said as he pulled some groceries out of one bag.

"I can make the salad." I told Bailey and Shawn.

"You sure?" Bailey asked.

"I'm sure," I replied.

"Bailey, she has a gift when it comes to making salads, so let her do it." Shawn said as he smiled at Bailey.

"I do make great salads." I bragged.

"Okay. Looks like this bag is filled with all the salad stuff, so I'm going to put all this back in this bag, give you the bag, and then you can go to town." Shawn said, and then put what he took out of the bag back in the bag.

A minute later, Shawn handed me the bag, and then I took it.

I carried it to a spot where nobody was, got a big bowl, and then started making a salad.

I turned and saw that Shawn was staring at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"You're beautiful." Shawn said.

I smiled at him, and then turned back to my salad.

"Alright. Who's going to help me make this chicken?" Bailey asked.

"I can," Shawn said as he walked closer to Bailey.

"Hey, why don't we turn on some funky tunes to make things fun?" Brian smiled as he leaned against the island.

"You know what? That's a great idea, man. Yeah, turn on some music." Shawn said.

Brian went to grab his phone.

He connected it to a speaker he had, and then music immediately started playing from his phone.

Jessie's Girl by Ricky Springfield was the first song that started playing.

"Leave that song on," Shawn said as he noticed that Brian was fixing to change it.

Brian then put down his phone, and then Shawn began singing the lyrics to the song.

During the middle of the song, while Shawn was helping Bailey cook chicken, he sneaked over to me and sang a little in my face.

"Get it," I smiled as he did a few small dances.

"Sylvie loves Ricky. I wish she was here right now." Brian said.

"Oh dude, same." Shawn said as he stopped jamming and looked straight at his best friend.

"She would be jamming," Aaliyah said from the living room.

The next song was Hey Soul Sister by Train and during this song Aaliyah came to me.

She came to me and we both sang the lyrics on the top of our lungs.

Brian joined in with beautiful vocals towards the ending.

We all cracked up laughing at Brian's vocals. Even Brian couldn't keep a straight face.

After the song, I looked at Brian saying, "Come over here, dude. You can help with the salad."

"Okie." Brian replied.

Brian walked over and started helping me.

"Hey Aaliyah. What are you doing?" Shawn asked obnoxiously loud as he looked in the living room where she was.

"Hanging with my girlfriends and Camilla. What are you doing?" She asked obnoxiously loud back.

"Cooking," Shawn replied.

The rest of us chuckled.

All of a sudden, Drew and Prash came in the kitchen.

"The little dude is here!" Shawn smiled at my brother.

"Lil Drew!" Prash said.

"Yeah. That's my nickname now. Instead of Drew, it's Little Drew." Drew smiled at me.

"I like it." Shawn said.

Prash and Drew hung in the kitchen with us as we finished cooking.

Then, when we were about ready to eat like 45 minutes later, Drew went ahead and grabbed a few plates, silverware, and napkins.

"We won't all be able to all fit around the table here. So, we will just scatter. Everyone can eat wherever they want." I said and looked at Shawn.

"Here, dude. You can sit that stuff on the island." Shawn said to Drew and he saw Drew with his hands full.

When we were ready to eat, everyone each grabbed a plate, grabbed some food, grabbed a drink, and then sat down somewhere.

Shawn and I decided that we would sit on the couch in the living room.