Chapter 198

"2018 is going to be so awesome, dude." Shawn told me as we each drank our Starbucks drink after eating our snacks.

"Yeah it is." I smiled.

"It truly is going to be great." Shawn said.

When we arrived at the rehab facility, we all got the trash that was in the car, got out of the car, and walked to a trash can.

Drew, Shawn, and I threw all of our trash out before we went inside the facility.

When the three of us walked inside, I grabbed Drew's hand and we walked up to the front desk where a lady was sitting.

Shawn followed.

"Hello, I'm Skyler Jones and this is Dr-Andrew Jones. We are here to see our parents. Oh, and we brought a friend with us." I told the lady that was at the desk.

"Okay, hold on a sec. Let me walk you to their mini apartment." The lady said, typed some things on her computer, and then got up from her chair.

I glanced at Shawn and he glanced back at me.

I looked down at my brother and asked him, "You okay?"

"Yeah, you?" Drew replied as he looked up at me.

"I'm okay," I told him.

When the lady got to us, Drew, Shawn, and I followed her.

As we got closer and closer to my parents' apartment, I was getting a sick feeling in my stomach.

Shawn could tell that I was starting to not feel well, so he grabbed my hand that wasn't holding Drew's.

When we got to the door of my parents' apartment, the lady left us by ourselves.

Before one of us knocked on the door, I looked at Shawn nervously and Shawn said, "Skyler, it's going to be okay."

"It's going to fine, sis. They are our family. We are about to all be reunited together. Who knows how long it's been since we've all been in the same room." Drew told me.

Drew is right. Everything is going to be fine.

Just fine.

Drew was the one that knocked on the door.

A few seconds later, the door opened and there was my mother.

I have to admit, she doesn't look bad.

"Oh my goodness gracious!" She gasped when she saw Drew.

"Hey Mom," Drew said.

"Come here and gimme a hug, honey." My mom said once she made eye contact with me.

I gave my mother a quick hug, Drew gave her another hug, and then she welcomed us into her apartment.

"This place looks...interesting." I said as I looked all around me.

"Yeah, you're right Sky. It does look interesting." And there was my dad.

I looked at him and said, "Hi Dad."

"Hi, little girl." My dad smiled at me and then directed his eyes right at Shawn.

"Hey, tough guy." He said to Shawn.

"Hi, Mr. Jones." Shawn replied.

"Come here, Shawn. Don't be shy." My dad said and Shawn slowly walked to him.

Once Shawn got to my dad, my dad pulled him into a bro hug.

After they did a bro hug, my dad said, "It's nice to see you, man."

"It's nice to see you too." Shawn said.

"So, you guys tell us. What have each of you been up to? Drew, you go first." My mom said as she glanced at all of us.

"Okay..um. I've been in school. I'm on a soccer team. That's pretty much it." Drew said shyly.

"Oh really? How's school been going, dude?" My dad asked him.

"School has been going good. I haven't really had one bad teacher this year." Drew said as he made eye contact with Dad.

"That's great! Have you made any new friends?"

"A few," Drew answered.

"What are some of their names?" Mom asked.

"I have a friend who's a girl named Sophie. I have some guy friends. Their names are Zach, Cody, and Trey." Drew said and looked at me. 

"I would like to meet these friends of yours someday." I gave him a soft smile saying.

"You'll meet them someday." Drew told me.

"Well, that's so great that you are making friends in school. How's soccer? Has your team won any games or??" My mom asked and Drew turned his head to look at her.

Shawn walked to me and put his arm around me.

"Soccer is going good. Yeah, we have won some games. We have won every game actually except one." Drew said proudly.

"Aw honey, that's amazing. I wish I can go to one of your games." My mom said while smiling at my brother.

"I'll go to his next game and video him playing for you." I told my mom.

My mom immediately made eye contact with me and said, "Really? You would do that?"

"Sure," I said answering her.

Her face suddenly filled with a bunch of excitement.

"Anyways, Skyler, how have you been these days? What have you been doing?" My dad asked me.

I looked at him and replied, "I've been doing pretty well. I've just been spending time with Shawn and his family. I have a job now singing at a restaurant, so that's nice. Um...that's pretty much it. Nothing that exciting."

"Nothing exciting? Sky, you sing in front of people at a restaurant. That must be really exciting." My mom said.

"It kind of is kind of isn't." I told her.

~

to be continued..