Chapter 167

"You're not getting away from me, little girl." Shawn said as he chased me with a snowball.

I screamed as I ran away from him.

Shawn ended up catching me a few seconds later, and then he threw the snowball that he had in his hand at me.

Then, he wrapped both of his arms around me and smiled as I wiped my wet face with my wet hand.

"You're getting soaked," Shawn chuckled.

"I know. That's because I keep on getting hit by people." I told Shawn.

"You're an easy target." Shawn told me.

"Whatever," I said rolling my eyes.

"Hey, Skyler?" Shawn said.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Why don't you call Travis and tell him you're sick? I really think we should stay at the cabins. You've missed out on a lot of fun and I don't want you missing out on more." Shawn told me.

"Shawn-"

"Please, Sky." Shawn begged.

Aaliyah walked to us and joined the conversation by saying, "Shawn's right. You deserve to relax and have some fun this time of year. You can really start your gigs after the holidays."

"Plus, everyone would love to have you stay here. Hey, attention everybody!" Shawn said as he shouted.

Suddenly, everyone got quiet.

"Who wants Skyler to skip her gig tomorrow? Don't you think she deserves to relax and spend some time with friends? If so, raise your hand." Shawn shouted.

"Shawn-"

Almost everyone raised their hands.

"Travis is counting on me," I told Shawn.

"Skyler." Shawn looked at me.

I sighed, rolled my eyes, and then said, "Fine, but after Christmas I'm never missing another gig."

"Yes!" Aaliyah and Shawn cheered in unison, and then gave each other a high five.

"We are calling Travis in a little bit," Shawn told me.

"Alright, alright, that's enough snowball throwing. Let's finish building this snowman!" Brian said.

"I'm going to make a separate snowman," I said.

"I'll help," Shawn said, and then started immediately gathering up some snow.

"I'll help you too," Aaliyah told me and then started picking up handfuls of snow.

Aaliyah and Shawn helped me build my snowman while Brian and Jon helped Prash build his snowman.

Everyone else just watched us.

"We could put a beanie on our snowman. Shawn, did you bring beanies?" I asked Shawn as he was forming the head of the snowman.

Aaliyah and I were making the body.

"Yeah I brought some. I could go get one from inside." Shawn said, wiped his hands on his sweatshirt, and then walked to the cabin.

Aaliyah looked at me and smiled.

"What?" I smiled back at her.

"Shawn is going to serenade you tonight." Aaliyah smiled a goofy smile.

"I wonder why. It's not like I deserve a serenade." I said.

Aaliyah stopped smiling and asked, "Why don't you?"

"I kind of avoided Shawn last night. I didn't sleep in his room with him and Drew." I said.

"That doesn't mean you don't deserve a serenade. Trust me, Sky. You did nothing wrong. Shawn understands that you might still be a little uncomfortable." Aaliyah told me as she added more snow to the body.

"So, I shouldn't feel bad?" I asked.

"You shouldn't feel bad at all." Aaliyah looked straight at me saying.

"I'm backkkkk," Shawn announced as he ran to us.

"That was quick." I said as I looked to see that he had three beanies in his hand.

"I grabbed some extra beanies for you girls to wear. I thought both of you would each like one." Shawn said as he handed Aaliyah and I each a beanie.

I put the beanie on, looked at Aaliyah, and asked, "Did I put it on right?"

She looked at me closely, and then said, "Yeah you did."

Shawn put the beanie that was supposed to be for the snowman on his head.

"I'm going to leave it on until we finish creating the head and body." He said.

I looked at him and smiled.

He smiled back at me.

A few minutes later, we had finished creating the body and head of our snowman.

I helped Shawn carefully lift the head onto the body.

Once the head was on the body, Shawn took off the beanie he had on and placed it on the snowman.

"I should've brought gloves out here." Shawn said as he looked at me.

"Yeah you should've." I told him.

"Shut up."

I chuckled, and then Aaliyah sighed.

"How should we decorate the face?" She asked us.

"I know where we could get arms." Shawn said, and then ran off to grab sticks.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

I chuckled saying, "He's a dork. I know."

"Yesterday we got M&M's. I think we have some left over to do buttons and eyes." Aaliyah told me.

"Can I come with you to the girl's cabin? I need a few seconds of heat." I asked.

"Of course, girl." Aaliyah said, and then I followed her to the girl's cabin.

"Wow. I just realized I haven't eaten anything today. Whoops." I chuckled as I walked inside the girl's cabin.

"You need to eat. We have yogurt, fruit, eggs.." Aaliyah told me as we went into the kitchen together.

"I'll make myself an egg sandwich." I said as I grabbed a loaf of bread off the refrigerator.

"Alrighty then." Aaliyah smiled at me.