Chapter 197

For some reason, when we pulled into the Starbucks drive-thru, I wanted to switch things up. I wanted to listen to some music from my favorite musicals, so the first song I put on was Take Me or Leave Me by Rent.

I haven't really mentioned this, but I am kind of a musical nerd. I love musicals and just plays in general.

I guess I'm a nerd for musicals and plays.

Because of my obsession with some musicals and plays, Shawn has picked up on some, especially the musical Wicked. I might play a Wicked song next.

"Oh gosh." Shawn smiled at me as I started singing along to the song.

I was nailing every lyric until a few seconds later Shawn interrupted me saying, "What do you want from here?"

He was talking about Starbucks.

"Um, just get me a frappuccino and one piece of banana bread." I told Shawn, and then continued singing softly.

"What do you want, little dude?" Shawn asked as he turned his head to look at Drew.

"A piece of lemon pound cake and just a bottle of water." Drew replied, and then Shawn turned his head back faced-forward.

"Okay," Shawn said and ordered for the three of us.

As we pulled up to the first window, the girl at the window instantly recognized Shawn and started freaking out.

Shawn chuckled.

As the girl opened the window, Shawn smiled saying, "Hey."

"Hey Shawn," she smiled.

"What's your name?" Shawn asked the girl as he was getting his credit card out of his wallet.

"My name is Alexandra." The girl said.

Woah, that's a pretty name.

Then, she saw me.

"Wait, do I know you?" She asked me.

"No, I don't think so—"

"Wait, you're Shawn's girlfriend!! I knew you looked familiar." Alexandra smiled as Shawn handed her his credit card.

"Yep, I'm his girlfriend." I smiled as she used Shawn's credit card to pay for our Starbucks stuff.

"Man, you are so lucky. You get to hug and kiss one of the most attractive guys ever."

"I am lucky, am I?" I smiled at Shawn and grabbed his hand. He smiled right back at me.

"Anywho, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your day and keep releasing great music Shawn." Alexandra said as she smiled at the both of us while handing Shawn back his credit card.

We moved to the next window, got our drinks and snacks, and then Shawn began driving to my parents' rehab facility.

As he began to drive again, I picked up my phone and chose another song to listen to.

The next song I chose was Defying Gravity. The song Defying Gravity is from Wicked.

If I can remember correctly, I think Shawn likes this song actually.

As the song began playing, he said, "Yes!"

I knew it.

"Alright, you are singing this song with me." I said, and then started singing the song.

Drew just ate his piece of lemon pound cake and watched us in silence.

"You be Elphaba and I'll be Glinda," Shawn said.

"You know their names?" I stopped singing and chuckled. "Okay."

"Let's start it over," Shawn said and then I started the song over.

Then, Shawn and I began saying the dialogue that was at the beginning. Shawn was saying the Glinda parts and I was saying the Elphaba parts.

I couldn't say my dialogue with a straight face. While I was saying my dialogue, I couldn't help but laugh.

I was surprised that he knew the dialogue so well.

When it was about time to sing, Shawn smiled saying, "Here we go."

We sang, did some more dialogue while laughing, sang, did some more dialogue, did some more singing.

"Well, that was weird but good at the same time." Drew said after the song ended.

"It was funny that Shawn knew basically the whole song." I laughed.

"Come on. Defying Gravity is a jam." Shawn smiled at me.

"You are weird, Shawn." Drew said with his mouth full.

"Maybe I am, but I don't care." Shawn said confidently.

I chuckled again, picked my phone up, and searched for a next song to choose.

"Oh my god, yes. Dear Evan Hansen!" I exclaimed and clicked the song Sincerely, Me.

"I didn't know that you guys had a weird side to yourselves." Drew said.

Shawn knows this already, but I LOVE Dear Evan Hansen. Once the album came out, I would always be listening to it. I became so obsessed with the soundtrack that I read the book.

"I think I'm going to cover one of these songs on my YouTube channel." I said excitedly ignoring my brother.

"Mhm..." Shawn said.

Mhm? Why did he just say mhm?

"I guess I can tell you this now, but one of the presents I got you is a trip to see Dear Evan Hansen in New York...we are going to see it before we go to Jamaica. In fact, we are going to Jamaica straight from New York." Shawn told me.

"What?! Are you kidding?!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not kidding." Shawn smiled.

"Oh my goodness gracious, Shawn. You are awesome." I smiled.

"I know," Shawn grinned.

"So, you saw how obsessed I was and bought tickets?"

"Exactly," Shawn smiled at me.