Chapter 168

Aaliyah sat at the island as I got a pan out.

I turned on the stove, and then put the pan on it.

"I wish I could've came to your first gig." Aaliyah told me.

"Well, you can come to the second gig." I said as I turned around and faced her.

"You right, you right." Aaliyah said.

I got the eggs out of the refrigerator and cracked a few into the pan, and then I heard the door open.

I turned my head to look and Shawn was coming inside the cabin.

"Heyo," Shawn said as he entered.

"Hey," I said.

"Here Sky, I can take over for you. You just relax." Shawn said as he walked to me.

"Yeah girl, come sit by me and chill. Shawn can make you some eggs." Aaliyah told me.

"Okay," I replied after a few seconds and then let Shawn take over.

I sat down on the stool beside Aaliyah, and then watched Shawn as he cooked me some food.

"You know the song When You're Ready?" Shawn asked.

"Who are you talking to?" Aaliyah asked because Shawn didn't turn around and make it clear who he was talking to.

"The both of you, of course." Shawn replied.

"Yeah I know the song. I adore it." I said while smiling.

Aaliyah looked at me saying, "Of course you do. The song is about you."

"Go on, Shawn." I told him.

"Well, I was thinking that instead of In My Blood being one of the singles..When You're Ready can be one." Shawn said.

"Why not In My Blood?" I asked.

"He's having second thoughts about that song." Aaliyah answered.

"No I'm not having second thoughts about it. I just don't think it's a song that should be one of the first songs to be released." Shawn said.

"Let me just tell you. After you re-record it in Jamaica after making whatever edits you want to make, you'll change your mind." Aaliyah told Shawn.

"Whatever you say, sister."

"I'm right, brother." Aaliyah said.

"If you don't change your mind then I'll make you." I told Shawn.

"You will, eh?"

"Yes I will." I replied.

I ate some food, chilled inside for a little bit, and then Shawn, Aaliyah and I went back outside to finish our snowman.

Once we were done putting the finishing touches on the snowman, I went to Camila and asked, "Okay Camila Mendes. Whose snowman do you like more?"

"Hey! We are not finished with our snowman yet!" Brian said.

"Well, finish up." I said as I looked at Brian.

"Here! I have a nose!" Prash said as he ran with a carrot in his hand towards Brian.

He was in the boys cabin.

Once Prash stuck the carrot in the snowman, Brian smiled saying, "There's no doubt in my mind that we are going to win."

I looked at Camila and she glanced at each of the snowmen.

After a minute of thinking about it, Camila said, "I would have to go with...um...I would have to say Shawn's snowman is the winner."

"What?!?!" Brian exclaimed.

Aaliyah rushed to me, grabbed both of my hands, and then we both started jumping up and down.

"Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!" Aaliyah and I cheered in unison.

"Ha!" Shawn smiled and got all up in Brian's face.

A second later, I turned and Shawn was on the ground.

Aaliyah and I stopped jumping and just laughed.

"Nice going, Brian." Aaliyah smiled.

Camila then came up behind me and tapped my shoulder.

I turned my body towards her and she said, "I think I should tell you this. I'm not Camilla Mendes anymore. It's Camilla Wilkins."

"I know. I'm just so used to calling you Camilla Mendes because your a cousin. I hope you're okay with me calling you Camilla Mendes." I said.

"Oh I am. I'm okay with it. I know. I am apart of the crazy Mendes family." Camilla smiled.

"You bet," Shawn said as he joined the conversation and hugged Camilla.

"Anyways, how's the other Camila, Shawn? Camila Cabello?" Camilla asked as she looked up at Shawn.

"She's good. She's wanting to start on her second album." Shawn said.

"I haven't seen her in ages," I said as I looked at Shawn.

"We haven't seen her in quite a while. We should get her a plane ticket to Canada." Shawn said.

"Shawn, I bet she's more than happy in Miami." I told him.

If there's anything about Camila, I know that she's happy in Miami. Miami is Camila Cabello's place.

~

Hello peeps. I'm so very sorry that I haven't updated in months.

I've been insanely busy with college and personal stuff.

I'm okay though. I'm deciding that I'm going to take a break from social media. I don't know for how long, but I'll certainly be updating more since I don't have the distractions of social media.

I hope you all are doing okay. Sorry if this chapter wasn't the best. The chapters to come will be pretty good though. 💘