Chapter 155

"Now that I think about it...I don't like In My Blood." I said after Brian played an audio of the song on his phone.

"What?! Why?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, Shawn. Why?" Aaliyah said as she cleaned up the mess she made from cooking.

"I don't know. It just doesn't sound like a great song to release." I said as I began helping my sister clean up.

"Well, I think you should release it. It's a good song." Brian told me.

"Your fans need to hear this song." Aaliyah told me.

"I don't know. I'll think about it. It for sure needs some editing." I told them.

"How about this? You edit/re-record the song in Jamaica or something, give it a listen, and then see if you want to release it." Aaliyah said as she looked straight at me.

I looked back at my sister saying, "Okay."

"How many minutes until the brownies are ready?" I asked Brian.

"Not long." Brian said after he looked at how much time was left.

"Camilaaaaa!" I smiled at my cousin as she entered the kitchen.

"What up Mendes," she smiled at me.

"Come here, give me a hug." I said, and then she came to give me a hug.

We gave each other a big hug, and then Camila asked, "So, how have you been?"

"I've been good I guess. I've just been hanging with the boys and my little sister." I replied while looking down at her.

"I heard about Skyler," Camila said.

"Yeah, it sucks." I said as I looked at my cousin.

"But this dude is going to get her back tomorrow, right?" Brian said as he put his arm around me.

"Right," I replied not that confidently.

"You are?" Camila asked.

"Yes he is," Brian answered for me.

"Well, I hope things go well." Camila told me.

"Me too," I said, and then finished cleaning.

Skyler's POV:

There's not much to do at Aunt Tracey's house. You can get bored very easily.

As I was on my phone looking on Instagram I saw that Camila, Shawn's cousin, posted a photo of the two of them.

"Finally getting to see @shawnmendes! ❤️" was her caption.

I'm really missing out on getting to see one of my favorite girls in the world.

All of a sudden, Camila called me on the phone.

I answered and she said, "Hey girl."

"Hey. I was just looking at the photo that you posted on Instagram. You look stunning." I told her.

"Thank you. Anyways, why aren't you here?" Camila asked me.

"I'm just not. I don't know why I'm not. I miss Shawn. I miss Aaliyah. I miss everyone." I said, and then got up from the living room couch.

"Aaliyah told me your brother got in a car accident. Is he okay?" Camila asked.

"Yeah, he's okay. He just has a broken arm." I said as I started walking towards the staircase that led to upstairs.

"That's good that he's not hurt that bad. On the other hand, how are you?" Camila asked me.

"I'm okay, I guess. Can I tell you something privately?" I replied with a question.

"Of course, of course. Here, let me go in a different room." Camila said, and then a few seconds later I heard a door shut.

"Are you alone now?" I asked.

I need to let this out. I need to talk to someone about Shawn.

"Yeah, what's up?" Camila asked.

I really feel like that Camila is a good person to talk with about Shawn.

"So, Shawn..." I started.

"What about him?"

"I don't know, but I think I still have feelings for him." I confessed.

"You do?"

"Yes," I replied.

"Have you forgiven him for what he did?" Camila asked me.

"I guess so," I said.

"You guess so?"

"I mean yes," I said.

"Then why don't you tell him that you wanna get back together?" Camila asked.

"Because I'm not sure if I want to get back together with him. Oh my gosh, I'm complicated." I told her.

"Skyler, if you still have feelings for Shawn and he still has feelings for you...then you two should be together. You guys have a long history of being each other's best friends. You two deserve to be happy and you both are your happiest when you are with one another. I know, trust me. We might not see each other a lot, but there's a certain type of glow that you had whenever you were around Shawn when you two were dating. I see what goes on." Camila told me.

"I'm scared because I don't want to get my heart broken again." I admitted.

"Well, trust me sister, I think Shawn won't break your heart ever again." Camila said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I just do," Camila replied.

-

Okay, hey everyone!

Goodness, I'm so so sorry that I haven't updated. I've just been busy.

1.) I was trying to finish up one college class. I ended up finishing the class today. I'm still working on finishing the other though. The other won't be done until the end of July, but at least I got one class over with.

2.) I was without my phone all week last week and I'm going to be without my phone again next week. I've just been going to a camp where I just can't have my phone.

3.) I've been helping my friend who is in a wheelchair a lot. She's been struggling with many things lately and I've been trying to cheer her up.

So, those are the three reasons why I haven't been updating.

I haven't forgotten about you guys, I swear.

After this next week passes, I'll hopefully hopefully update more. I'm really hoping.

Thanks for understanding. Hope you liked this chapter. 💗