Chapter 163

"Shawn, you look tired." I said as I looked at Shawn.

He did look really tired. We've been on the road for a few hours now.

"Sky, I'm fine." Shawn replied.

"Shawn, we are almost to Aunt Tracey's. You need your sleep, so I'll drive to the cabins." I told Shawn after I looked at Shawn's phone.

Shawn's phone was being the GPS.

"Skyler-"

"Shawn, I'm not that tired." I told him.

"Let Skyler drive," Drew said from the backseat.

"What are you doing still awake?" I chuckled and turned my head to look at Drew.

"I don't know. My head won't stop. I won't stop thinking." Drew said.

"About what?" Shawn asked.

"Did Skyler tell you?" Drew replied with another question. I think I know what he's about to tell Shawn.

"Tell me what?" Shawn asked as he glanced at me.

"We talked to our parents earlier today. Well, it's midnight now. I should probably say that we talked to our parents earlier yesterday-"

"You did?" Shawn said as he took another glance at me then back at the road.

"Yeah, we did." Drew said.

"Skyler, how did that go?" Shawn asked me.

"It went well. Drew, over here, warmed up quickly and talked to them more than I did." I smiled.

"That's good. I'm glad you guys talked to your parents." Shawn said.

"Aaaaannnd we are here." Drew said as we pulled into Aunt Tracey's driveway.

"We are not done talking about you talking to your parents," Shawn said as he looked straight at me.

"Okay." I looked back at him saying, and then Shawn turned off the car.

"Drew, you can stay in the car if you want. We will only be a few minutes." I said as I opened my car door.

"Yeah, I'm good staying in here." Drew said.

"Okay little dude, I'll lock you in. I know this neighborhood might be safe, but you never know what could happen." Shawn said as he pulled the keys out of the ignition.

"Yeah, you never know." I said as I got out of the car.

After Shawn got out of the car and we both shut our car doors, he locked Drew in the car, and then we both walked to the front door of Aunt Tracey's place.

"Oh shiiit, I wonder if Aunt Tracey has another key to her place somewhere." I said once I realized that her house is locked.

"Maybe a key is hidden somewhere. Try calling her." Shawn said.

I pulled out my phone and called my aunt.

She picked up on the third ring.

"Hey, is there by chance a key hidden somewhere for your house? We are here..." I said.

"Yeah. Look under the rug that's located in front of the front door." Aunt Tracey said.

Shawn heard what she said. He signaled me to get off the rug. I did, and then he picked up the rug.

There the key was.

"We found it," I told Aunt Tracey.

"Okay good, love you." She replied.

"Love ya," I said and hung up my phone.

I put my phone back in the pocket of my jeans, picked the key up, and then unlocked the house.

Once I got the door open, I entered the house.

Shawn put the rug back where it was, and then he followed me inside.

"Wait, before we go upstairs..." Shawn said as I started to walk towards the staircase.

"What?" I stopped walking and turned towards Shawn.

He grabbed my hand, pulled me closer to him, and then he placed his lips on mine.

That totally caught me off guard.

I kissed him back though.

The kiss was short because I made it short.

I pulled away smiling.

I asked, "What was that for?"

"I'm just happy you're with me." Shawn smiled back at me.

"Same here, but I'm tired. Let's get going." I told him.

"You're tired, eh?"

"Yes, but I can drive." I said and rolled my eyes.

I grabbed his hand, and then dragged him up the stairs.

Once we both entered the room I had been staying in, I said, "Now Shawn, you can help me pack, but one rule. Leave the underwear to me. I can pack the underwear."

"Yes ma'am," Shawn said as he put his hand on his forehead like he was a solider being told something by his leader.

Is that what they are called? Leaders?

I don't know. I'm not good with military vocabulary.

We both chuckled, and then I grabbed my suitcase.

I put the suitcase on the bed, and then opened it.

"Alright, let's do this...again.." I sighed.

I officially hate packing.