Chapter 45

"Oh my god, this restaurant is really fancy." I said as I entered.

"Yeah it is." Shawn replied.

Shawn got us a table close to one of the windows where we could see the pretty city lights.

After we sat down, we both opened up a menu.

"Do you wanna split this big chicken salad?" I asked as I showed him what I was talking about on the menu.

"Yes. That looks good." Shawn replied.

"Great. Well, we decided our order quick." I chuckled and closed my menu.

"Yes we did. We can order our meal plus our drinks when the waiter gets here." Shawn replied.

So, are we going to see any of your buds while we are here like Charlie, Niall, or Khalid?" I asked after a few seconds.

"Yeah, oh yeah! Khalid and Niall are actually busy tomorrow, but Charlie is free. I was thinking of inviting him to the beach."

"Do it! I miss hanging out with him." I said.

"Me too. Alright, I'll invite him." Shawn said as he pulled out his phone.

Then, our waiter suddenly came while Shawn was texting Charlie.

"Hello guys. My name is Kathleen and I'll be your waiter for today. What can I get you both to drink?"

Shawn looked up from his phone and answered, "I'll have just water, please."

"Me too, thanks." I told the waiter when she looked at me.

"Hey, I think we are ready to order as well." Shawn said.

"Of course, Shawn Mendes." The waiter smiled, and then winked.

Shawn chuckled saying, "You know who I am."

"Yep." The waiter smiled as she pulled out a notepad to write our order down.

"Okey, so we will have the chicken salad. We are going to split it so..." Shawn said, and then the girl wrote down our order.

"Alrighty then. One chicken salad coming right up." The girl smiled, and then walked away.

"Well, she is nice." Shawn said as he made eye contact with me.

"Yes she is." I smiled.

Hey, there was something I was meaning to tell you." Shawn told me.

Oh oh...I hope it's not bad.

"Well, there's this girl named Teddy Geiger. She's transgender, but she's a really amazing person."

"So, a guy that's now a girl?"

"Yes, Sky. Anyways, I really think she could help me on this next album. I've been starting songs and not finishing them. So, I think she could help with my problem. Point is, I invited her on the Jamaica trip. I know what you're thinking, and we will get our alone time, but she's a great friend that I think should tag along." Shawn said looking excited.

I mean, I'm all for it. Who cares if she's transgender? Like Shawn, I accept all humans. Plus, I trust Shawn and want him to succeed with his music.

"I'm excited to meet hi-her. Sorry. I will certainly not do that in front of her presence." I said embarrassed.

"Oh no, it's okay. Everyone slips up. If you happen to slip up in front of her, it's okay. She's very kind and understanding. I think I even started doing it once early on in our friendship, but I quickly fixed myself. It takes getting used to, but once you get used to it you'll get the hang of it. Like, I'm saying her without even thinking." Shawn told me.

"You sure?"

"Of course," Shawn smiled.

"Lovely." I smiled back.

"Want to see a picture? Oh shoot...let me finish texting Charlie first. I forgot about him." Shawn chuckled as he picked up his phone and finished texting him.

I chuckled and watched him until he was finished.

When he finally finished a few seconds later, he said, "Okurr...now let me find a photo of Teddy."

I chuckled at Shawn saying 'okurr'.

"I love your laugh." Shawn smiled as he kept on searching for a photo.

"Oh, stop it." I smiled.

"I'm serious." He said.

Eventually, he found a photo of his friend and showed it to me.

"I like that photo of her." I said while looking at that photo.

"Yeah, me too." Shawn said as he pulled his phone back, and then he set it down.

"I'm excited to get to know her." I smiled.

"I'm glad. I am excited too." Shawn smiled.

We do a lot of smiling, Shawn and I.

One reason I'm smiling is because of Shawn, of course, but another reason why I'm smiling so much is because I'm really really happy.

I don't think I'm going to deal with my parents for a while because I'm in such a good place right now. I don't want my parents ruining my happiness.

Our food came, and then we started eating.

"Oh my god, look at this desert menu!" Shawn exclaimed while his mouth was full of chicken salad.

"I think I know what you're going to get." I chuckled as I looked at the menu.

"Yep! Today is totally going to be a cheat day." Shawn smiled.

+

Okay. I don't know if Teddy went with Shawn to Jamaica, but I know for sure Teddy helped Shawn on his album. For sure.

I hope you're enjoying this story!