Chapter 154

Shawn's POV:

"Shawn! Shawn! She answered!" Aaliyah said as she ran to me when I was currently trying to make brownies.

"What restaurant?" I asked as I turned towards her.

"Five Sails, in Vancouver." Aaliyah told me.

"Oh, I think I've been to that restaurant before. It's really good." I said.

"Are you going to go to the restaurant tomorrow?" Aaliyah asked me.

"I don't know." I said.

"Shawn, you should. It's her first gig." Aaliyah said.

"Yeah, man. Go see Skyler tomorrow." Brian said as he joined in the conversation.

I sighed, and then said, "Alright. I'll go to the restaurant tomorrow."

"Yay!" Aaliyah cheered, and then I continued mixing the brownie ingredients in the bowl I was holding like I was doing earlier.

"Hey Aaliyah, can I talk to Brian alone for a sec?" I asked my sister once I finished stirring the ingredients in the bowl.

"Yeah, sure." Aaliyah said sweetly, and then left the kitchen.

Brian looked up from his phone at me and I said, "I'm super nervous, dude. What if she doesn't take me back? What if she doesn't want to be my girlfriend again? I mean, I need her in my life...I love her."

"Shawn, bud, take a deep breath." Brian said as he put both hands on my shoulders.

I took a deep breath, and then Brian said, "Stop worrying. You are going to get Skyler back. I just know it."

"How do you know?" I asked as I laid the bowl on the island.

"I just do. Now, let me help you with those brownies. You suck at cooking." Brian told me and grabbed the bowl of the island.

"Hey!" I said, and then Brian chuckled.

I watched Brian as he poured all of the mixed ingredients into a pan.

"When is everyone supposed to be here?" Brian asked me.

I looked at my watch and said, "I don't know actually. Aaliyah said that the girls are going to be here in a bit. I don't know what the rest of the guys are doing."

"They are probably driving around goofing off or something like that." Brian smiled as he got the last bit of ingredients in the pan.

"I know what they aren't doing...helping us cook this food." I said.

"Maybe Aaliyah can help get the meatballs going," Brian told me.

"Yeah. Hey Aaliyah! Want to help us make meatballs?" I asked loud enough so she could hear me.

"Sure. I'm coming!" She said from another room.

When Aaliyah came back from the kitchen, I borrowed one of her hair ties and put my bangs into a ponytail.

"I like your look," Aaliyah chuckled at me.

"We are now going to make meat-tah-balls." I said in a goofy accent.

Brian chuckled and Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

"You are so weird." Aaliyah said as she got the meat out to make the meatballs.

"Okay, how do we do this? I'm not sure if I know how to make these things." I chuckled as I looked at Brian.

"That's what the internet is for." Brian told me.

I pulled out my phone and looked up how to make meatballs.

"I honestly can't believe neither of you know how to make meatballs." Aaliyah chuckled.

"Do you?" I asked as I looked up at her from my phone.

"Of course. I watch Dad make them all the time." Aaliyah replied.

"Dad makes meatballs?" I asked.

"Yes. Here, you don't need the internet. I can show you how to make meatballs." Aaliyah told me, and then I laid my phone on the island.

I walked to her and watched her.

"Luckily we have all the ingredients." Aaliyah said, and then started making the meatballs.

"On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed" Brian sang.

"Oh god." I said, and then started laughing.

It rolled off the table, it rolled on the floor
And then my poor meatball rolled out of the door
It rolled in the garden and under a bush
And then my poor meatball was nothing but mush.
The mush was as tasty as tasty could be,
And early next summer it grew to a tree.
The tree was all covered with beautiful moss
It grew great big meatballs and tomato sauce.
So if you eat spaghetti all covered with cheese,
Hold on to your meatball and don't ever sneeze." Brian sang.

"That was so random." Aaliyah laughed.

"It was," I chuckled.

"I honestly can't believe I remember that song." Brian smiled at me.

"Me neither." I smiled back.

Brian put the pan in the oven, shut the oven, pushed some buttons, and then the brownies started cooking.

"I forgot that song existed," Aaliyah said.

"Me too." I said.

"Don't you dare sing that again," Aaliyah told Brian.

"Okay." Brian chuckled.