Chapter 69

~Beginning of nightmare~

I woke up in the best mood.

I had an amazing day with my babe yesterday.

I'm going to see if he wants to go do something today..maybe Aaliyah can join.

I wanted to see what was happening on the news for some odd reason. I don't look at the news that often, so I wondered why I wanted to check it.

I turned on the TV, and then I suddenly saw on the news that both of my parents escaped jail. Holy crap. Both of them?! How!?

Then, suddenly, one of the windows to my apartment opened.

My dad jumped in, rushed to me, and grabbed me while saying, "Skyler, we need to go now."

"How did you-"

"That doesn't matter. Right now, come with me." My dad said, and then started dragging me to the window. I was trying my hardest to fight back.

"Let go!" I screamed.

"No. You are coming with me." My dad said.

"I should've listened to Shawn-"

"What do you mean? Ohhhh, your boyfriend. Well, he's not here to save you now, is he?" My dad said, and then chuckled.

My dad forced me out of the window, and then once we were both out of the window my dad dragged me to his car.

I couldn't get loose, no matter what I did.

Oh Shawn. I wish you could be here.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as my dad shoved me in the back of his van.

"You'll see," my dad replied and closed the backdoor to the van.

"Oh, and one thing I forgot. Do you have your phone with you?" My dad asked as he jumped in the driver's seat.

"No. I left it on my nightstand." I told my dad.

"Good. You don't need it anyways." My dad said as he started the car.

Once he started driving, I put my hand on the window and looked out the window at the apartment complex moving further and further away.

Oh god Shawn.

Tears started running down my face.

~End of nightmare~

Immediately, my eyes shot opened and I was breathing heavy. My heart was beating fast and I was even sweating.

I quickly grabbed my phone and called Shawn.

He picked up on the second ring saying, "Skyler, are you okay?"

"No," I told him and started crying.

"I'm coming." Shawn said, and then hung up.

Like three minutes later, he knocked on my door.

I rushed to open it, and when I did Shawn rushed in.

"You should really get me a key." Shawn told me, and then hugged me.

"Nightmare...I had a nightmare....my dad got me...you weren't there..."

"Honey, honey, honey, it's okay. It was only a nightmare. I'm here now. I'm here." Shawn told me as he held me in his arms.

"What if he escapes jail and ends up raping me..."

"I won't let that happen, baby. I won't." Shawn said.

I was starting to calm down a little bit because I was safe in Shawn's arms.

"I just get that vibe, you know?" I said as Shawn wiped my tears from my cheeks.

"I know, I know, I do too."

"I want to be with you." I looked at Shawn saying.

"You are with me." Shawn replied.

"I know, but I want to move in with you. I want to feel safe. I want you to always be close to me." I told Shawn.

"Okay," Shawn said and took my hand.

I stopped crying by now.

"I won't be able to protect myself if my dad ever tries to get me." I said.

"Don't worry, Sky. You're with me now. Okay? I'll protect you no matter if your dad somehow escapes jail and tries to grab you. Also, if he doesn't want to rape you, but grabs you because he wants you to join the family business...I'll still be here. He won't get you." Shawn told me with a serious look.

"Really?"

"Really? Now, let's go lay down, beautiful." Shawn smiled, took my hand, and then led me into the room.

Shawn and I both got in the bed, and then laid down beside one another.

I moved closer to him and he wrapped his arm around me.

"I'm here now." Shawn said.

"Don't ever leave me." I told him.

"I wasn't planning to," Shawn replied.

I snuggled up against him, and then I felt my heartbeat slow down more.