Chapter 17

After Shawn and I talked some more with not only the group of girls but the people who joined us, both Shawn and I finally said goodbye to them.

As we walked inside the apartment complex, Shawn said, "You were freaking amazing out there. Now, how did it feel?"

"I think I wanna become a singer...or at least strive to be one." I replied.

"Step 1) post on YouTube...that's how I got started!" Shawn said as we walked to the elevator.

"I will start posting, definitely." I replied.

"Wow, this apartment is neat. Did you tell whoever owns this that you'll be visiting?" I asked as the elevator door open.

"Yeah, I warned them that I might come visit. They were cool with it." Shawn replied as we walked inside the elevator.

"Good," I said as I pressed the button numbered 6, that's the number Shawn told me.

"I found a perfect place where my guitars could go." Shawn said as we got to the floor where his apartment was.

"You did? That's cool! Also, you can keep some at your parents' place." I said.

"I know. Some of my guitars will stay there, but my favorite ones are coming with me." Shawn replied as he showed me around the place.

I have to admit, Shawn is going to have a sweet place.

It's perfect for him.

It has a great view, it has plenty of space for Shawn's stuff, it's wonderful.

"When are you planning on buying this apartment?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." Shawn answered.

"That's awesome! I'll totally help you move in not tomorrow but the next day. I'm pretty sure Aaliyah will help too."

"I'm so excited. You don't even know. I've been wanting my own place for a long time now." Shawn said as he looked directly at me.

"I'm sure, and since I'm not moving in with you...you will get to have even more freedom. You could prance around naked if you wanted to." I chuckled.

"Oh yeah...like I'll actually do that." Shawn laughed.

"You'll risk having paparazzi take photos of you naked because you have tons of windows in this place." I chuckled.

"I'm not going to have that happen...no fucking way. I'll always make sure to be fully clothed...at least have pants on."

"You know there's a picture of Justin Bieber fully naked." I said as I followed Shawn into the living room.

"I'm actually not surprised." Shawn replied.

"Me neither."

"Alright, so let's search if there's any other apartments around here." Shawn said as he sat down on the couch with his phone in his hands.

I sat down next to my best friend and looked over his shoulder.

"I have an idea. Why can't I just get one in this complex?" I asked.

"That's such a smart great idea! Boy, I'm dumb. There's tons of apartments in this building. Why did I think of actually searching for another building..." Shawn laughed at himself.

"I'm dumb as well. I was thinking of going to another building too." I laughed.

"Anyways, let's go see if there's any for you." Shawn said as he pulled me.

We happily went to the front desk downstairs, talked to someone, got a few options, and then Shawn and I started searching.

"I can barely afford any of these right now. I need a job bad." I said as we walked through floor 3.

"I could possibly lend you some money." Shawn replied. 

"Oh Shawn, no. You don't have to do that. I can get a job. In fact, I will. I'm going to go look for a job tomorrow, for sure." I said.

"Okay, we are at our first apartment choice." Shawn said as we approached the door.

-

Another shorter chapter, but I hope you liked it!