Chapter 23 - The Travel Day (con't)

Aaliyah's POV:

"Mom, Mom, Mom." I called as I woke my mother up by tapping on her shoulder.

It took a minute for her to open her eyes, but when she did she looked at me.

I pointed and whispered, "Look."

Shawn and Skyler were both sleeping. Skyler was laying her head on Shawn's lap. At the same time though Shawn has his arm around her.

"Get a picture," Mom whispered.

"This is too cute." I said softly as I grabbed my phone and unbuckled my seatbelt.

I turned around in my seat, and then took a picture of the two of them.

"They both really like each other and they won't admit it to each other." My mom said as I got back in my seat.

"I know right!? It pisses me off." I replied, and then pulled up the picture on my phone.

"They would be such an amazing couple. They are already amazing friends, but just imagine them as a couple."

"Skyler did tell me she was planning to tell him on her birthday though." I looked at my mom saying.

"She did, eh?"

I nodded my head.

"That means we need to get them alone for a solid few minutes on her birthday so that she can easily tell him." My mom said, and then glanced back at Shawn and Skyler.

"This is going to be interesting when they wake up.." My mom added.

"Yep." I replied.

A few minutes later, we started landing.

Surprisingly, this wasn't a bad flight.

I just watched tons of movies and read some of a book.

I kind of sneaked a look as Shawn and Skyler began waking up.

When Skyler opened her eyes, she turned her head and looked up at Shawn who already had his eyes open.

They both smiled at each other and exchanged heys.

Shawn took his arm off Skyler, and then I turned back at my mom.

"They sure were happy." I smiled.

Then, I heard them laughing.

"I so wish I had a boyfriend." I told my mom.

"You want a Shawn, don't you?" My mom asked.

"Badly," I replied.

"One day Aaliyah...one day..."

Skyler's POV:

"Shawn, your lap was surprisingly comfortable."

"I bet it was comfier than this window I had to lean my head on. My head is actually a little sore now that I think about it." Shawn said, and then we both chuckled.

"Of course your head is sore. You leaned on that hard window for hours." I replied.

"Yeah, we slept for a long time, didn't we?" Shawn chuckled, and then I got up off him.

"Yes, and I think you needed it. You've been super busy these past few days." I looked at Shawn saying.

"Yeah, and I think I'll continue to be busy. Andrew apparently has some stuff lined up for me. Who knows what it is..." Shawn replied as he put his earbuds in his bookbag.

I handed mine over so that he could put mine in his bag also.

"You wanted this life and now you got it. You're a famous celebrity. Of course you are going to be busy. I'm sure Andrew made it to where you could have some down time though."

"Yes, I bet he will. He's amazing. So is Cez Darke." Shawn smiled.

"I bet they can't wait to see you." I smiled, and then looked out the window.

"I can't wait to see them too. I need some quality time with my dudes."

Then, the plane suddenly landed.

"We are here!" Aaliyah cheered.

I chuckled, and cheered, "Woo!"

"It's time for the Mendes and Skyler Jones to get their party on!" Mrs. Mendes said with excitement.

"Yes!" Shawn replied.

"I cannot believe I'm going to be 19! Holy cow! Where has the time gone?" I asked Shawn.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask Time?"

Everyone chuckled at Shawn's response.

After the plane safely stopped, we all got up from our seats and got our stuff.

"I'm so ready for some sun! Oh my goodness." Shawn said as he grabbed his guitar after putting his backpack on his back.

"Me too. I need some tan on this body. I'm so white." I said, and then started pulling my suitcase behind me.

Aaliyah followed me out of the plane.

As I was going down the stairs out of the plane, I immediately felt the amazing California weather against my skin.

When Aaliyah and I got downstairs, Shawn and his parents began to come out.

Of course Shawn had to put his sunglasses on. He loves them sunglasses.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Oh Shawn.