Chapter 192

After about two hours and a lot of teamwork, we finally finished our ginger bread house.

Aaliyah and I did most of the decorating. Shawn and his parents mainly just helped by placing candy all over the house.

"Wow, well we did it." Shawn said as he admired the house.

"Yeah, we did. It took us a while, but we finished." I said as I unwrapped a candy cane and put it in my mouth to suck on.

"Here, give me one." Shawn said, and then I passed him a candy cane.

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang. It must've been Aaliyah's best friend.

Shawn and I followed Aaliyah to the front door.

Aaliyah opened the door and her best friend and a dude was standing there.

"Aaliyah!" Aaliyah's best friend smiled and then hugged her.

Is it bad that I forgot Aaliyah's best friend's name?

"Hey girl." Aaliyah smiled as she hugged her best friend.

I looked at Shawn and he was staring right at the dude. Shawn and I haven't seen this dude ever before.

Oh no.

Protective Shawn has activated.

"Hi, I'm Sebastian." The dude introduced himself to Shawn.

"Aaliyah, you didn't tell me a boy would be hanging out with you." Shawn mumbled.

Aaliyah stopped hugging her best friend and smiled at Sebastian.

"Hi, I'm Aaliyah's older brother Shawn." Shawn said as he kept staring at Sebastian.

"Stop staring at Sebastian, Shawn. He's just a friend." Aaliyah told his older brother.

"Yeah, I'm just a friend." Sebastian said.

"Aaliyah, I can't believe you haven't introduced me to this fella." I told Liyah.

"Wait, who's driving?" Shawn asked.

Aaliyah ignored Shawn and replied, "Well, here you go. Sebastian, this is Skyler. Skyler, Sebastian."

Sebastian smiled at me saying, "Hey. How are ya?"

"I'm good. Thanks for asking." I smiled at him.

"Okay guys, let's go. I'm craving some milkshakes." Aaliyah said cheerfully.

"Me too. Skyler and Shawn, it was nice to meet you." Sebastian said while looking at both Shawn and I.

"You too, Sebastian." I smiled at him.

"So, are you driving?" Shawn asked Sebastian.

"No sir. My mom is actually waiting in the car right now. She's going to take us." Sebastian replied.

"Okay. Well, be careful." Shawn told Sebastian.

"We will." Aaliyah answered as she put her arm around her best girl friend.

"Don't get into any trouble." Shawn said.

"Okay "Dad"." Aaliyah said while chuckling.

"Not funny." Shawn said.

"Bye Aaliyah! Bye Sebastian! It was great meeting you!" I shouted as they started walking to the car.

"You too!" Sebastian smiled back, and then I shut the door.

"I can't believe Aaliyah called me Dad." Shawn said.

"I can. Shawn, you have to stop being so overprotective of your sister." I flat out told Shawn as I looked right at him.

"I can't help it sometimes," Shawn told me.

"Well, you gotta stop. Aaliyah is growing up and she doesn't need her older brother to be as protective as he is." I said, and then we both started walking back to the kitchen.

"I guess you're right." Shawn replied.

"Sometimes it's good to be overprotective," Manny said joining the conversation as we entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, sometimes, but not all the time." I said, found a stool, and then sat on it.

"Yeah, Aaliyah deserves to be free to make her own choices and not have her older brother breathing down her neck twenty four seven." Karen said as she looked straight at her son.

"Okay okay. I'll leave her alone more." Shawn finally said.

"A lot more," I told him.

"So, you're going to see your parents tomorrow Skyler?" Manny asked me switching topics.

"Yes I am. They want to see Drew and I, so we are going to see them." I said.

"You don't seem that excited about it...." Karen told me.

"I'm not because they are both in a rehab facility and plus I really don't have a relationship with my dad so.." I said.

"I know, I know, sweetie. I bet after a few visits everything will get better. You'll get used to going and after a while you just might have a good relationship with both your parents..." Karen said.

"I am not sure if I'll go again though." I said.

"Sure you will," Karen told me.

"I'm going to go with her tomorrow." Shawn told his parents.

"You are? Good, good." Manny said.

"Skyler will need you, so it's good that you're going with her." Karen told her son.

Shawn wrapped both of his arms around me.

"This won't be your only time going. I know you." Shawn told me.

"You're right." I replied as I looked into those beautiful eyes of his.

"Hey gang. Let's go chill in the living room where it's comfier." Manny told us.

"Sounds like a great idea, Dad." Shawn said, and then slowly pulled me off the stool.

"Yeah, it does." I said, grabbed a handful of candy, and then went with Shawn into the living room.

His parents followed us.