Chapter 178

"Where's Camilla and the rest of the girls?" I asked Aaliyah.

"They are all out somewhere. I don't know where they all went, actually." Aaliyah told me after she swallowed some of a pancake.

"Oh, okay then. Anyways, I think I'm going to go upload another YouTube video since I haven't done it in a minute." I said as I turned to Shawn.

"Oh, babe! You know what we should do?! We should do a duet on your channel!" Shawn lit up saying.

"Ah, I don't know Shawn. I'm not sure if that's the best idea..." I told him.

"Come on, Sky. It's a GREAT idea!" Shawn smiled.

"He's right, girl. Fans will love you guys doing a song together." Aaliyah said.

"See! Aaliyah agrees with me!" Shawn exclaimed.

I thought about it for a second, sighed, and then smiled, "Okay, let's do a video."

"Yes!" Shawn cheered.

"I wanna watch!" Drew said excitedly, got out of his seat, and then followed Shawn and I to get Shawn's guitar.

"What song would you like to do?" I asked Shawn as he grabbed his guitar.

"Um..want to do Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift? I know the chords." Shawn replied as he faced me.

I smiled, and then said, "Perfect."

Shawn and I walked together to the couch and sat down beside each other.

As Shawn was getting his guitar situated in his arms, I propped my phone up on the coffee table.

"Okay Shawn, I know you know the chords, but do you know the lyrics?" I asked as I leaned back on the couch after propping my phone.

"Just to be safe, let me look them over really quick." Shawn said, pulled his phone out, and then looked up the lyrics.

He sung a little of the lyrics to himself, and then after a minute he said, "I'm ready. Do you need to look over the lyrics?"

"No, I know all of them. I'm good. Okie dokey, are we ready?" I asked Shawn as I leaned over to press the record button on the camera.

"Who's going to start?" Shawn asked.

"I guess I will. You can join in whenever." I said, and then hit the record button.

"Hello everyone. If you're just now entering my channel for the first time, my name is Skyler Jones. If you are returning and subscribed to my channel, welcome back. Now, you may all know this human being. You might all know him as the hot Canadian singer, Shawn Mendes. He's going to join me in covering Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift." I smiled at the camera and then looked at Shawn as a signal to start playing the guitar.

Shawn smiled at me, and then looked down at the guitar.

He started playing the guitar, and then a few seconds later I began singing the song.

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm
And I'm a house of cards
You're the kind of reckless that should send me running
But I kinda know that I won't get far
And you stood there in front of me just
Close enough to touch
Close enough to hope you couldn't see
What I was thinking of

Shawn then joined in singing with me.

Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain
'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile
Get me with those green eyes, baby
As the lights go down
Gimme something that'll haunt me whenever you're not around
'Cause I see, sparks fly, when you smile

I let Shawn sing the next part on his own.

My mind forgets to remind me, your a bad idea
You touch me once and it's really something
You find I'm even better than you, imagined I would be
I'm on my guard for the rest of the world
But with you I know its no good
And I could wait patiently
But I really wish you would

Then, I joined him in singing the chorus.

Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain
'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile
Get me with those green eyes, baby
As the lights go down
Gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around
'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

I sang the next little part by myself.

Get me with those green eyes, baby
As the lights go down
Gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around
'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

I run my fingers through your hair
And watch the lights go wild
Just keep on keeping your eyes on me
Its just wrong enough to make it feel right
And lead me up the staircase
Won't you whisper soft and slow
And I'm captivated by you baby
Like a fireworks show

I was surprised at us. We didn't even practice this or anything yet we are doing great.

We didn't even discuss who would sing what.

We didn't do anything. We just decided to dive in and look how it's going. It's going surprisingly well.

Shawn sang the next part on his own.

Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain
'Cause I see, sparks fly whenever you smile

After a few seconds, I joined in with him.

Get me with those green eyes, baby
As the lights go down
Gimme something that'll haunt me when you're not around
'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

I let Shawn finish the song off with his amazing vocals.

When sparks fly oh baby smile
When sparks fly

When we finished the song, Shawn and I both looked at each other and smiled.

"That was fun," Shawn smiled at me.

"Hell yeah, it was. Okay, anyways, I hope all of you liked this video—"

Shawn cut me off saying, "If you're not subscribed to her, then subscribe! She's so amazing. Her talent is just phenomenal. She's outstanding."

"Thank you Shawn. Make sure to subscribe, yes, and also like this video. Other than that, I hope you guys have a great week. Merry Christmas!" I smiled at the camera as I leaned in closer.

"Merry Christmas!" Shawn said and then I ended the video.