Chapter 3

We decided to go to Starbucks to get a bite to eat, but I was craving a frappuccino. So, I got one.

"Hey Sky? How's your mom doing?" Shawn's mom asked out of the blue as I took a sip of my drink.

"She's alright, I guess? To be honest, I don't know. I feel like she's hiding something from me. Maybe it's about my dad leaving us..I don't know, but anyways..." I replied.

"Aw sweetie, I'm sorry." Mrs. Mendes said.

"It's okay." I replied.

"No it's not. Your mom has been hiding stuff from you for months now. You deserve to know the truth." Shawn said.

"Shawn, yes, she may deserve to know the truth, but when her mom is ready she will tell her." Mr. Mendes said as he looked firmly at his son.

"I guess your right, but it pisses me off that Ms. Jones is treating Sky this way." Shawn said, and then took a bit of the muffin he got.

"It pisses me off too Shawn, but we can't do anything about it." Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah is right." Mr. Mendes said.

"Well I can and I will if Skyler's mom doesn't tell Sky what's up." Shawn said.

When it comes to me, Shawn gets super defensive. He always takes me under his wing.

Aaliyah made eye contact with me, and then we both took another sip of our drinks.

We said nothing.

After an awkward silence, Mrs. Mendes said, "Well then, what are you guys going to do tomorrow since Shawn as a day off from interviews, press, and all that other stuff?"

"I think just chill. I don't know." Shawn replied.

"I'm going to hang with some of my girl friends, so it looks like it's just you two tomorrow." Aaliyah said.

"Okay, cool. I'm fine with that. It's just going to be me and my bestie." Shawn smiled, and then gave me a little side hug.

"Hey everyone. I just remembered something. We will have to start getting prepared for Skyler's birthday because it's around the corner." Mrs. Mendes grinned.

"You don't have to tell me, Mom. I'm already planning something." Aaliyah said.

"Me too." Shawn grinned.

"Oh gosh. It better not be big whatever you two have up your sleeves." I said.

"Well, whatever one of you is planning, you have to involve your parents. We want to be apart of celebrating Skyler because we love you." Mrs. Mendes looked at me.

I smiled saying, "I love you too, Mrs. Mendes."

"I gotchu, Mama." Shawn winked.

Shawn pulled out his phone, and then he just started filming him and I together.

I smiled through my straw, I made a funny face, Shawn chuckled, and then ended the video.

He posted it on Instagram with the caption, "My best friend. ❤️"

"Appreciation post." Shawn smiled as he looked at me.

"Okay then. Since you posted a video of me looking like a fool, I'm going to get you back." I said, took out my phone, and then started looking through my camera roll.

"Okay...let's see what photo or video I can post of you acting like a fool." I said with a devil smile.

"No! No! No! No! No!" Shawn said as he started trying to grab my phone away from me.

I got out of my seat, and by then I found the perfect photo.

I chuckled at the photo, and then posted it to my Instagram

The caption read:

Hey @shawnmendes, look what I found in my camera roll. Hehehe. 😈

When I looked up, Shawn was looking at his phone and smiling.

"Boy, you posted a good one." Shawn chuckled.

He typed something, and then a minute later I got a notification.

He commented.

You are mean.

I replied to his comment with a "❤️".

"Lemme see the photo." Mrs. Mendes said to me.

I gave her my phone and let her see the photo.

"Aww Shawn. I remember this night actually. We were in Canada at your grandparents house. You invited Skyler to hang with us. You and her went on a walk together and as you guys were walking back to the house I saw you two goofing off. I saw Skyler take your photo a few seconds later and you made that face." Shawn's mom told Shawn and I.

"It's cool that you remember that, Mom." Shawn smiled.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"I must've been inside when that was going on." Aaliyah said.

"You were." I replied.

-

I hope you are liking this story so far! I've deleted and retyped so many times. I just want to make it good. Xx