Chapter 162

I did a few more songs alone. Then, I was done after that. I couldn't believe I was already done with my first gig.

By the time I was finished with my gig, I was starving and it was getting kind of late.

"You did AMAZINGGG!" Travis came rushing to me saying after I got off the platform.

"Thank you." I smiled as I took off my guitar.

"I could tell that everyone loved you." Travis smiled.

"I don't know about that," I said.

"Oh, they loved you. I saw this one girl-during every single song you sang, she had the biggest smile on her face." Shawn cut into the conversation as he came up beside me.

I smiled and said, "I love that I made a girl smile. That makes me happy."

"Well Skyler, you think you can do Thursday?" Travis asked me.

"Yes. Oh, and about next week-"

"You're off next week. It's Christmas. You should enjoy Christmas with friends and family." Travis looked me in the eye saying.

"I was just about to ask could I have off." I said, and then looked at Shawn who was looking down at me.

I grabbed Shawn's hand and we intertwined fingers.

"Anyways, you're probably starving. I should've given you a break to eat." Travis said as he noticed that I wanted to move on from this conversation.

"It's okay, really. It was my fault that I didn't eat beforehand." I replied.

"Here, I'll have my people whip up something quick for you. What do you like? Crab cakes? Shrimp?" Travis asked.

"I can get something on the road." I told Travis.

"No, this is my treat to you. I'll pay. Just sit. Shawn, what food does she like?" Travis said.

"Crab cakes," Shawn replied.

Then, Travis disappeared.

I looked at Shawn and Shawn said, "Let's go sit with your family."

I do like crab cakes. I like them a lot.

We went to the table where Drew and Aunt Tracey were sitting and sat down.

"It's nice to see you here, Shawn." Aunt Tracey said.

"Did you guys make up or something?" Drew flat out asked.

"Drew," Aunt Tracey said as she looked at him.

"Aunt Tracey, it's fine. Yes, little bro. We did make up." I answered.

"Good because I secretly wanted you guys to." Drew said.

"Me too," Aunt Tracey said.

Aunt Tracey was all about separating me from Shawn though.

I guess she's seeing that I'm much happier with Shawn and whatever makes me happy makes her happy. Maybe that's it.

I looked at Aunt Tracey and Shawn said, "So, Travis is having them whip up a crab cake for Sky."

"Okay, that's cool. Skyler, why are you looking at me like that?" Aunt Tracey asked.

I was still looking at her.

"Shawn and I talked. He wants me to go back to the cabin with him." I started the conversation.

"How about spending time with your brother during this time of year?" Aunt Tracey said.

"Drew could come with us." Shawn told Aunt Tracey.

"I don't know," Aunt Tracey said after a few seconds of thinking about it.

"Come on, Aunt Tracey. Have you been wanting to get to know Manny and Karen more?" I asked her.

"I mean, yeah, but-"

"I'll make sure to take care of my little brother." I told Aunt Tracey.

"I think it would be fun." Drew said.

Aunt Tracey looked at Drew, sighed, and then said, "Alright."

"I promise that he will have fun. We will include him in everything." I said.

"Yes, we will. We will make sure that he doesn't get left out." Shawn said.

"For sure," I looked at Shawn.

Aunt Tracey looked at Drew saying, "You look out for your sister as well. She's old enough to drink, so make sure she doesn't drink a lot."

"Got it," Andrew said and I chuckled.

"Oh I'll make sure she doesn't drink a lot," Shawn said.

"You don't go overboard either, mister." Aunt Tracey said.

"Don't worry Aunt Tracey. I'll look after them and make sure they don't go crazy." Drew smiled at Aunt Tracey.

Shawn and I both smiled at Drew.

I suddenly felt a hand lightly squeeze my hand. It took me a minute to realize that it was Shawn's hand.

I squeezed back.

I can't believe I'm going back to the cabin. I'm so pumped.

"Wait, I have another gig Thursday." I said.

"Shi-shoot, that's right. Oh well. We can spend a day at the cabin, and then get up Thursday morning and hit the road." Shawn said.

I smiled at him.

Suddenly, a plate with two crab cakes arrived.

I ate them, drank some more water, said goodbye to Travis, and then I was out of that place.

I wanted to spend time with Shawn.

"Are you cool with sleeping in the car?" Shawn asked Drew.

We were walking to Shawn's car.

"Yeah, why?" Drew asked.

"Because we won't get to the cabins for a while. We have to drive all the way back to your aunt's house, get you and Skyler's stuff, and then drive all the way to the cabins. We are going to be in the car for a few hours." Shawn told Drew.

When we got to Shawn's car, Drew and I each gave Aunt Tracey a hug.

"You guys be safe. Shawn, drive safe." Aunt Tracey said after we were done hugging.

"I will." Shawn said.

"We will be safe, Aunt Tracey. There's no need to worry." I said.

"I hope so," Aunt Tracey said, and then Shawn, Drew, and I got in the car.