38 It Was Bound To Happen

Start from the beginning

“Look,” he whispers before speaking out louder in a defensive tone, “before I would say anything, lemme tell you one thing. Even though Namjoon hyung knew about that hurting part, he wasn’t sure that something like that could’ve happen to you. And to make himself clear he also told you to get out of the void if it’s gonna be too much.” A small smile appears on my lips as I hear him defending Namjoon even though how much pissed off he must be over him.

“Don’t worry Jungkook,” I intertwine our fingers of both of our hands feeling the tingles all over my body during the process. I keep that smile on my face and speak further ahead, “I am not going to blame anyone, even though I still feel that it was nothing but a dream. I am just happy that I am fine.”

“No,” he shakes his head making some of his hair stands fall back on his face, “don’t say you’re fine. I know you’re hurting and that fucking hurts me too and I really hate to admit that. You shouldn’t have gone behind that stupid fur instead of returning back.” His thumb is drawing circle at the back of my right hand.

“Wait, how did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“You, communicated with me right?” I ask a bit hesitantly to not to sound stupid because I am not sure even if I heard him right or not or was it just an illusion feeling my life slipping away.

“I did.” My eyes widen hearing him. That’s impossible because that was my mind, how did he do that? “I don’t how that happened; I just concentrated and found a way to your head while I was seeing those filthy bruises appearing on your skin. Even I was surprised to know that I really communicated with you that too in a situation so worse.” I don’t say anything but just look into his eyes. Once I read in a book of vampires that vampire soul mates could communicate with each other without speaking. Is he my soul mate? If he is, then I am way more than happy to be his better half, but sadly I am not a vampire nor is he. But that doesn’t means we cannot be soul mates.

“What about the fur?” I ask changing the subject felling that we’re not gonna go any further by breaching on that topic. Not that I have given much emphasis to that subject because soul mates or not, I just love him to the eternity.

“Namjoon hyung has it.” I nod my head and hang my head down to look at our hands connected with each other tightly. I have lots of other questions with me but I decide to talk about them with Namjoon only once Jungkook will decide to head back to the mansion.

“So… what about the tantrum you threw back?” He stiffens a bit and again for the hundredth time tonight averts my gaze.

“You don’t need to know that.” He answers. Most likely of him for not going back to the mansion as he said that it must be crowded tonight. I chuckle a bit and lean my head on his shoulder. I inhale the cologne he is wearing which is a bit musky and misty like fresh water at the same time. He has different kinds of cologne and each one of them are addicting and most of them are musky that smells so masculine, almost making me drown at the sea of amazing smell.

“That’s okay; I actually don’t want to know about the little quarrels going on between you guys. I just want to say that whether you deny the fact or not, I am fine, both mentally and physically and feeling the strain on my leg, I feel like I’ll be able to walk from tomorrow.” He hums. With the free hand of mine, I fidget with the shirt I am wearing while I look ahead of me and stare at the fat webo moon which has somewhat changed its position.

“Why didn’t you come back when I asked you to?” I was dreading this question and was hoping since so long that he wouldn’t ask me this. But I guess I cannot escape it. I knew it he will ask me this and honestly I am not ready or prepared with the answer to present. What should I say that I felt pity for them? Or that he gave me a fucking purpose to show some humanity or that I wanted to help them? I don’t know what to say, it’s like I have thousands of answers with me for a single question for the first time.

“I…” as sigh escapes from my lips, “I don’t know what the exact reason behind it is. I guess I was determined to do something regardless of my benefit for the first time.”

“You’re fucking determination put you in a danger.” I can sense the frown in his voice. I lift my head a bit and place my chin on his shoulder while peaking at him.

“Wasn’t it worth it?” He doesn’t say anything but just sigh. His face shows that he is in a very deep thought. I furrow my brows and examine his glorious side profile. It feels like I am staring at him for the first time every time I try to take in his beautiful features. I cannot help but to lift my free hand up and let my index finger graze over his birth scar. He doesn’t flinch or show any change in expression while I softly slide the tip of my finger up and down over that small scar. Removing my finger from his skin, I crane my neck up and touch my lips on that area. His soft skin feels amazing to kiss.

“I was about to lose you.” He whispers. I feel his skin moving under my lips as he speaks. “I never felt so loved or wanted in my life until you showed up.”  I backed away to see his expression; expressionless staring ahead of him, of us. “I never thought that I am capable of loving someone or to deserve someone’s love. As I was seeing you struggle for staying alive, it broke me, broke me to millions of pieces. You made me realize the ground that I belong to, I belong to the ground where you stand.” He turns his head to face me. “Tell me,” his big hand holds my face tenderly making my heart skip a beat and give a warm feeling at the pit of my stomach, “tell me why it hurt me so much?”

“Because you love me, Jungkook.” he stares at my eyes longer than anticipated in a search of something and the irony is that I let him see through me. It is the biggest fact that he loves me so much to feel hurt to see me in pain, and I don’t think I would need anything else in my life rather than to hear this.

“If love is gonna hurt me this much to see you in pain, I dare you to do something like that again and I would spank the shit out of you to even sit for a fucking week regardless of how much you already will be in pain.” I cannot help but let out a laugh hearing his stern tone and the funniest part is that he is trying to intimidate me with raised brows and stern look, but I find it very funny right now making me struggle not to laugh anymore.

“If that’s the consequence I am going to face for it…” I let my lips touch his ears so that I could whisper in the most seductive way I can, which I guess is going to be a fucking flop show, but still I try, “then I guess I got to do it every day.” okay, so I succeeded in putting on a show. His jaw clenches and eyes close while nose flares. I guess I have an effect on him. I back away and see him opening his eyes while looking at me with a stern look making the hairs on my nape stand erect. His hand cupping my cheeks travels down to cup my neck to apply a firm pressure, not much but enough for my breath to hitch.

“Do not tempt me.” he lets out in a deep voice and even though my heart shook hearing him, I don’t let it show to my face or my body but let a smirk appear on my face.

“I ain’t tempting you sweetheart,” I voice out in a sweet voice while bringing my hand up to draw light circle on his chest, “I am stating the facts.” With that said, my hands are restrained by his large ones behind my back and the pressure on my neck becomes more firm.

“If you ain’t tempting me,” the darkness of his eyes is scaring the shit out of me even though I am feeling a bit turned on, “then let me test the waters.” Oh shit, I think I pushed his button to the Daddy Dom.

“You need to earn it Daddy,” I don’t know why I called him Daddy when I just thought about it in my mind because his eyes turned even darker than they already were sending shivers down my spine. I think I need to do something about my tongue that has no restrains. “Well um…” I stutter in the need to find a word right now to calm his demon down, “I-I need to talk to Namjoon first before it is really night.” Hearing me stutter like a wreck a satisfied smirk appears on his lip which is practically the death of me.

“Don’t worry love,” now it’s his turn to let his lips linger on my ears to whisper out while his hot breath hits my skin and by now, my whole body is covered in chills and I swear to god that he likes that, “we have the whole night with us.”