Merome- Into This World

Mitch's P.O.V.

It was getting difficult to walk now, my stomach was the size of a watermelon even though I was only 6 months into the pregnancy- that was what happened when there were two babies instead of one. My body ached all the time, my ankles and limbs were swollen and over the last couple of months I had stopped myself from working almost completely, as in doing YouTube videos, because I exhausted myself doing it. As much as it disappointed my audience, I had to do it.

Jerome had always been protective of me but ever since we had found about the kids he had grown to be even more so, constantly watching out for me. He was with me all the time and helped me out too when I could barely stand, doing everything around the house to do with daily chores or bills but he also spent a lot of time preparing the house for the arrival of the kids, prepping the nursery.

Jerome pressed a kiss to my ear, his hand coming up to rest gently on my stomach. I sighed happily and leaned back against him, kicking my feet up on the couch because my swollen ankles were making it difficult to walk and right that second I really just wanted to be with him, cuddling with hands intertwined.

"You alright?" He asked softly, running a gentle hand through my hair.

"Yeah." I breathed, my eyes flickering. " 'm fine."

"Good." He whispered back, his arms snaking around my waist. "I'm glad you're feeling alright." I laughed.

"I won't be tomorrow morning, but anyway." I was talking morning sickness and even though I was in the 6th month of pregnancy now, each morning, or any time of day really, I got debilitatingly sick and often I couldn't get up until noon. "It'll be fine."

"Mm." Jerome mumbled, more focused on the television and pressing his lips to the side of my head than listening to what I was saying. He was listening, just not really. "It'll be fine."

----------------------------------------------------------

Again, it wasn't until noon that I was able to get up because I was so ill, but when I did get up I was barely able to eat- even standing in the kitchen made me feel sick. Jerome came down from recording about an hour after I got up and gave me a sympathetic look, helping tuck me in with a blanket on the couch before sitting down beside me.

"Do you feel up to doing a little update video? I was streaming just then and everyone was asking how you were, we haven't updated in more than a week now." I sighed but slowly nodded, I could as long as it was only a minute or less.

Jerome held the phone up above and hit the record button, but only after allowing me a moment to gather myself. I sat up on my elbows and did my best to smile but it didn't hold up and eventually I sat back, just trying not to grimace.

"Hey guys-" Jerome said, looking up, "I know it's been a while since we did an update and you guys were all begging for it, but this is going to be a short one. Mitch isn't feeling great and it's been a rough morning, he's been pretty ill." I gave a smile wave, one hand over my stomach. They knew, of course, about the twins.

"Hey." I mumbled. "Sorry, I'm really tired right now. Haven't had anything to eat and I've just been trying not to be sick." Jerome smiled and squeezed my shoulder, moving the camera so I was only partly in frame and he was talking. I closed my eyes, sighing quietly.

"And I know you've also been begging to find out the babies genders and I don't know how many times we have to say this, but we don't even know yet!" He laughed. "The appointment to find out is next week and we've been waiting just because we didn't want to know early on with Mitch so sick, we wanted it to a happy occasion. So next week... yeah, look out for that!"

I only smiled, waving once more to the camera to say goodbye. I was very excited for the next appointment to check up on their progress and, of course, to find out their gender. I suspected they were fraternal twins, not identical, but we wouldn't know unless they were a boy and a girl or until they were born really.

Jerome put the phone down after finishing the recording and settled back against me.

"You excited?"

"Of course I am!" I giggled, leaning back. "I'm so excited!"

----------------------------------------------------------

The day of the scan I was lucky enough to not be sick and I spent the morning bouncing around the living room- not literally, I could barely walk properly- but I was just excited. Jerome was bouncing too, moving from his toes to his heels but he was more focused on making sure the camera and his phone were charged for vlogging.

"Ready?" He said happily, swinging his bag over his back. I nodded, taking in a deep breath.

God I was scared but excited to find out, and I couldn't wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The gel was cold on my stomach and I winced as it was smeared across my stretched skin, but by that point I was used to it and didn't react anymore than that. Jerome was squeezing my hand tightly, whispering reassurances into my ear as the nurse prepared the ultrasound.

"Twins?" She asked, looking at my medical records. I nodded, squeezing Jerome's hand back. "And you're here to find out the genders?" Another nod.

There was a few minutes of humming and haing as she scanned my belly, checking the health of the two babies. After a couple of minutes she spoke up.

"It all looks good here, they're both in good health, developing fine." She turned to us. "Gender time?"

"Yeah." Jerome whispered, his shoulders tense with anticipation. I squeezed his hand tightly, looking away from the screen for a moment.

"Well, it looks like we've got a little boy here... yup, the smaller one is definitely a boy, see?" She pointed up at the screen, at the blob that vaguely resembled a human, which I know knew was my baby boy. I nodded excitedly. "And the other one... okay, yes... and we have another boy! Congratulations!"

Jerome and I shared an excited look and he squeezed me tightly, almost jumping out of his chair in excitement.

"We're gonna have two little boys Mitch." He whispered, tears glistening in the corners of his eyes. "We're gonna have two sons."

The nurse smiled and left us to have some alone time, and I burst into tears. They were happy tears, tears of joy, and Jerome simply held me and cried too. We were both so relieved that the kids were alright and with three months to go before we would have our two sons, I was so excited.

I couldn't wait until they came into the world.