Minilan + Sidemen- Truth Or Dare

Simon's P.O.V.

There was quite a lot of giggling as we all sat down in a circle on the floor of Vikk's apartment, bottles of whiskey and liquor being passed between the group of us. All of us were a little tipsy even though it was only an hour after the alcohol had been opened.

The 8 of us, as the in all of the members of the Sidemen and Lachlan, who was visiting from Australia for a couple of weeks, were all sitting around in front of the couches, laughing, talking and listening to music. We were all just having a bit of fun and now the alcohol was out, it would quickly become even more fun.

Lachlan was to my left, JJ to his left, then Ethan, Harry, Tobi, Josh and then Vikk to my right. My eyes were mostly on Lachlan, he was resting his chin on his knees and was sipping on a beer, which made me smile a little. He had confided in me that he was a lightweight and just a couple of beers could get him tipsy, so he was trying to limit himself and completely bypass the hard liquor, really not wanting to deal with a hangover.

He saw my eyes on him and gave me a shy smile, waving his hand. He wasn't exactly partaking in the conversation because he wasn't quite comfortable with all of us, he didn't know everyone as well as we did and it wasn't as easy for him to join in our talk, which flowed like a waterfall with no direction. We might know where the conversation was going, but all he did was sit there with a confused look as his head switched from one person to another.

"You alright?" I leaned over and whispered in his ear, noticing he looked a little uncomfortable.

"Hmmm? Yeah I'm alright, just.... not great around drunk people. Not looking forward to it." I looked around at the others and nodded, knowing what he was feeling.

Vikk, Tobi and I alternated between being sober drivers to make sure the boys got home without incident. Because it was Vikk's apartment he wasn't bothering, Tobi was going to drive Harry and Ethan home and if Josh, JJ and I got drunk, then we would all have to stay there. Vikk had said he wouldn't mind if we camped on the couches but he and Lachlan had the bedrooms and there were three of us and only two couches.

"Hey, we should play truth or dare." A slightly tipsy Harry suggested, much to the excitement of the others. It was a stupid game, even I had to agree, but it was going to be fun with the others all drunk and giggly. But I had to say, Lachlan didn't look impressed.

"Yeah! Why not!?" JJ said, almost spilling his beer. Lachlan frowned.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." I whispered in his direction, making sure I didn't say it so loud that the others could hear me. I knew it would only make him embarrassed. He only squirmed uncomfortably and I sighed, knowing that he would join in because it would just make awkward if he didn't, even though he really didn't want to partake.

Josh started off the round, turning to ask Harry the first question. I didn't pay attention to most of the round as the questions went from person to person, somehow skipping both me and Lachlan. Finally Ethan, grinning, turned to Lachlan.

"Truth or dare Lachlan?" He asked, smirking. Lachlan stumbled for a second, trying to find an answer.

"I- ummm dare?" He said, his voice wobbling.

"Hmmmm" He looked down at the 18+ truth or dare app he was using to find some good dares when no one could think of any. "I dare you to sit on the lap of the person to the left or right for the rest of the game."

It was almost comical the way Lachlan's face drained of any colour he had left and he glanced between Ethan, me, to his right, and JJ, to his left. I knew right that second that it was Ethan plotting because he knew about my childish crush on the younger boy, and I also knew that Lachlan would choose me. JJ was to his left and although Lachlan was alright with him, they really didn't know each other. I nodded to him, telling him it was alright.

Nervously he shuffled in my direction and I pulled him onto my lap, folding my legs underneath him so he was resting somewhat comfortably. At first he was stiff, not wanting lean against me, but after a couple of rounds with the others attention was on whoever was being questioned he began to relax, his head resting in the crook of my shoulder.

I reached out and gently placed my hand over top of his, comforting but mostly to tell him that it was okay, he was alright. He was still unrelaxed and looked pretty uncomfortable too, his eyes flickering from the person asking the question to the person being asked the question and then back to me, his eyes wide.

"Truth or dare Simon?" JJ asked, smirking just as Ethan had done before he had asked Lachlan to sit in my lap.

"Truth." I said firmly, knowing that any dare he had would involve Lachlan and something embarrassing.

"I know you have a crush, but who is it on?" He said smugly, sticking his chin at me. Oh fuck you. I mouthed back, knowing Lachlan couldn't see my mouth. "Come on Simon, we wanna know."

I gently placed my hands around Lachlan's waist, holding him close. He was a little more relaxed now but he was glancing between me and JJ, sensing his triumph and my hesitation.

"What...?" He asked hesitantly, clearly not getting the signals between JJ and I. I sighed, glaring at JJ.

"It's you." I said, loud enough for the others to hear me. "You're the crush."

The shock was clear on his face and for it second it was like he had shut down, his brain freezing and then rebooting back up. His baby blue eyes stared into mine, wide and uncertain, still sitting in my lap with my arms still latched around his waist.

I had no idea why, but I kissed him. I leaned him and kissed with all of the other members of the Sidemen watching while they cheered and wolf whistled. At first Lachlan was hesitant but the second I raised my hand to cover his eyes from the others, he kissed back. His eyes flickered closed and his lips pushed back against mine, passionately.

We pulled away gasping for air, both of our faces dusted red in embarrassment. Lachlan immediately turned and buried his head in my shoulder, hiding himself from the gaze of 6 other people who were all crowing with excitement. I tucked my hand behind his neck, whispering in his ear.

"I don't think I have anything to say." I whispered, smiling.

"Neither." He mumbled into my shirt, giggling a little. "But I'm happy."

"So am I." I whispered back. "And thank you."