Minilan- Chills Part 1

Simon's P.O.V.

It was obvious that Lachlan wasn't used to the cold, especially the cold of London in the middle of winter with no heating in the house because everything had blown. There was no heating or lights which meant that the house was freezing and I didn't have anything to do.

Some of the boys were already gathered downstairs, on the same time zones, when Lachlan stumbled down the stairs, still half asleep. He was wearing nothing but sweatpants and had a blanket secured tightly around his shoulders, but the thing that got me worried was the fact that he was shivering.

The only spot on the couches that was open was next to me so without much thought the boy flopped down beside me, looking totally miserable. He wasn't normally cuddly or affection, hell he normally didn't like touch, which was why I knew something was wrong. As he flopped down his arm brushed mine, and that was when I felt his ice cold skin.

Vikk was the only one who acknowledged him, the others hadn't stopped their conversation, and the two of us shared a concerned and knowing look. Obviously we hadn't meant for Lachlan to get sick and neither of us wanted him to be sick, but now that he was it probably would be best for him to be somewhere quiet where he couldn't infect everyone else and preferably sleep.

To make sure that he really was sick and before he could say anything, I placed the back of my hand on his forehead. His skin was freezing but he was burning up at the same time and groaned the second I placed my hand on him. I saw him shiver and roll over, burying his head in the couch.

"Alright you, come on." He blinked, looking up at me like a child.

"Wha'?" He mumbled, genuinely confused.

"You're sick Lachlan, you're running a fever. Up to bed with you before you infect anyone." He was bleary and confused but let me tug him from the couch, holding his hands to guide him up the stairs and into the guest bedroom.

But right before we got to his room I hesitated. He was clearly unsteady on his feet and ill, he was pale as a sheet of paper but sweating from the fever and I knew I couldn't leave him alone. So instead I lead him to my room, helping him onto the bed and tucking him in like a child.

I piled several blankets on top of him to make sure he was warm and I heard his low groan of appreciation before he passed out. He was out pretty quickly too, fast asleep and snoring away within a couple of minutes and I was left to edit in silence while I kept an eye on the boy.

It was peaceful, but I was still worried.

---------------------------------------------------

I heard Lachlan wake and went at sat down on the bed beside him as he stirred, running my hand up and down his hip to let him know I was there. He was still shivering so I quickly dashed downstairs to grab the thermometer from the first aid kit.

It was one of those fancy ones that you see at doctors offices, the one you could place in your ear. But I gawked when I measured Lachlan's temperature, much to his disgust of having something cold in his ear. He had really tried to fight me.

39.8 degrees.

I swore when I saw it, that was far to high. Once it got to 40 it was dangerous and some people would have to go to hospital, so I knew I would have to keep an eye on him. To try and make his temperature go down I soaked a facecloth soaked in cold water on his forehead, calling Vikk up the stairs and into my room because I wasn't sure what to do.

"Vikk his temp is really high, like too high. It's almost 40 degrees and I don't know what to do." His face went really pale when I told him the temperature and he came and sat down on the bed, placing a shaking hand on the boys forehead.

"Shit." He whispered, still pale. "This... I don't think we can do anything, it's not bad enough to go to hospital, we just have to wait. Just... keep him cool, keep giving him water even if he doesn't want it and hope his temp goes down soon. If it goes up then we might have to go to the doctors."

I nodded slowly, gently turning down the sheets so Lachlan was exposed to the cool air, hopefully to get the temperature down. Even in his sleep he was tossing and turning, sweating heavily and he was clearly fighting the fever.

I decided to stay with him for the rest of the morning and afternoon, his head in my lap and my phone in my hand to keep myself occupied. Lachlan slept the whole morning and most of the afternoon, still tossing and turning and occasionally letting out a low groan. I checked his temperature regularly and was relieved to see it was going down.

Over a period of four or five hours his temperature went down from 39.8 to 39, so when he started to wake at around half past 3 I was much more relaxed.

"Hey Lachy." I whispered, brushing his fringe out of his eyes.

"Mmm..." He mumbled, rolling his head. "Wha' 'appened" He then moved to sit up, placing one hand on his forehead. He was as pale as a sheet as paper and looked dizzy, so I held him back so he didn't pass out or faint or get sick.

"Easy, easy, you've got a high fever Lachlan. You've been asleep all morning and most of the afternoon but hold up, have some water before you start moving." I held the water bottle to his lips but he wrinkled his nose and pushed it away, squirming back underneath the blankets. Still, he was shivering.

"Don't wanna." He mumbled, sighing.

"Lachlan... I know you don't feel well but you've gotta keep drinking. It'll make you feel better, okay?" He mumbled and complained but finally leaned up against me, struggling into a sitting position and taking the bottle from my hand.

Eventually he rubbed his eyes, worrying his lip, and leaned up against me. He was still shivering, still exhausted and still barely awake but now that his temperature was down, he was awake and somewhat conscious I was more relaxed.

"Do you just want to go back to sleep?" He nodded miserably. "Alright then."

I helped him lie back down and rather than him curling up under the blankets like I thought he would, he instead rolled over, rested his head on my lap and wrapped his arms around me and finally settled down. He was clinging to me, and I went red.

Hesitantly, I started carding my hand through my hair and he sighed happily, pressing himself closer. Eventually I leaned down and pressed a light kiss to his forehead, something that made me go even more red than before and, it made Lachlan blush heavily.

Even in his fevered state he went red and finally looked up at me, kissing me back.

Then he lay back down and closed his eyes, as if nothing had happened.

It was alright though. Both of us were happy.