Lachlan + Sidemen- My Beautiful Boys Part 1

Lachlan's P.O.V.

The first time I held one of my little boys in my arms, I knew everything would be okay. Despite everything that had just happened, her water breaking almost two months early, the bleeding that the doctors couldn't stop, the last breath she took right in front of me and my two little boys who were the only things I had left, I knew it would be fine.

Oliver Jackson Power, who arrived first, and Henry Brandon Power, the one who barely pulled through but made it after one hell of a fight, filling my heart with hope. If my boys could make it after going through so much then so could I. I could do it.

Soon after they were born and released from hospital I upped and disappeared from my old life, deciding to start anew. I couldn't do it alone so I moved in with my mum who knew much more than I did about taking care of children, but I couldn't bear to continue what I had been doing, not when it reminded me so much of what could have been.

I could still being doing YouTube with all of my close friends, she could still be here. But then I wouldn't have my two beautiful sons and the amazing support from my mum, and I wouldn't trade anything for that.

No one knew where I was, not even my closest friends. I didn't tell my fans, I didn't tell the Sidemen or the Pack, I didn't tell the Click crew or any of the other YouTubers I worked with. None of them knew about my sons or what I had been through. They didn't need to know.

I had enough funds saved from my years of YouTube and from selling my house and car that I knew I could get away with only working part time until the boys were old enough to go to kindergarten full time, at 3. I lived practically rent free as my mum owned the house and had paid off the mortgage years ago when it was cheaper, and I only paid for the boys things, food and chipped in on any other bills we had. I saved anything I could, preparing for the boys future.

The boys were 3 years old when I took them to London for the first time. It was the only time they had ever been out of Australia and there wasn't any reason for going, I just wanted to get out and go back over some things. It was mostly for memories sake.

At 3 they were very well behaved, they rarely cried and were quite content on the flight across, especially as they had unlimited screen time for 24 hours. The only time they were fussy was during take off, but they were quickly asleep and I was grateful.

In London we stayed in a hotel and I took them around the sights, some of the places I had been and stayed. I considered driving past the old Sidemen house but decided against it, after all, they still lived there. I didn't want to risk being spotted.

One day I brought them to the park, they were restless and needed to get some energy out, so I let them run around for a while. I sat on the park bench and watched them closely as they chased after some other kids and played, you know, like kids do.

I was engaged in watching them that I didn't noticed the group of boys coming up behind me, curious and shocked. I didn't notice the surprise and awe on their faces when Oliver ran over to me, climbed up onto my lap and asked me to come and play with him.

"Daddy! Come and play with Henry and me!" I stuffed my phone into my pocket and let him drag me over to the playground, feigning falling over, being overdramatic likes dads were supposed to. Oliver was giggling and laughing and soon Henry was climbing all over me too.

"Swings!" He cried. "Push the swings!"

I picked up both of them and secured both of them in the swings and began to push them, grinning when they squealed and threw their arms around. I still didn't notice the group of boys behind me, the swings were facing away from them, until one of them tapped on my shoulder and I whirled around.