Vol 6 Chap 177

XH 177

The Third Prince must have planned this outing beforehand because when Xiao Hua entered her room, the clothing for today's outing was already waiting for her.  

Duan XiYing's movement was quick and smooth like her true form as she helped Xiao Hua changed into a light pink attire made of thinner cloth, matched with plain dark pink shoes that were made thicker for long walks. 

Next, her hair was tied into double side plaits, just like a countryside girl. There were bells tied at the end of the plaits which let out a tiny sounds whenever she moved. 

"XiYing, let's not use the bells, okay?" Xiao Hua asked with an awkward 'haha'. She can tolerate the double pigtails, but not the bells!

"Master specially choose these lovely bells for Xiao Hua~"

Xiao Hua: '...' I feel like a cow ah.

But she no longer complain about it since the Third Prince insist on it. Duan XiYing steered Xiao Hua out of the room and to the entrance of the courtyard, where the Third Prince was already waiting. 

Xiao Hua was taken aback when she took in what the Third Prince was wearing. The royal blue robes with plain pattern displayed his tall and fit figure well. His hair was completely tied up into a high horse tail style but what surprised Xiao Hua was the silver mask that covered the top part of his face. The right part of the mask have a longer length than the left with a bell hanging on it, alike to those that was tied around her hair.

It was a weird mask, but if it was supposed to act as a disguise to hide his pretty face, he failed! Everyone will be attracted to his sharp and strong chin, along with his white long neck teased by his ponytail at every move! 

Even this young lady wants to remove the mask when I already know what's beneath it!

The Third Prince smiled fondly at Xiao Hua, his eyes taking in her new attire. "Xiao Hua looks adorable."

"Thank you for the outfit."

He reached out and tug one of her plaits lightly. "I am just indulging one of my own desire."

Xiao Hua: '...' What kind of desire are you talking about?

Sadly, the Third Prince have no intention of explaining it. "Only Da Liu will come along. The rest of you, stay behind." 

"Will Sir Da Liu be enough?" Xiao Hua asked, concerned. They were talking about the Third Prince's safety after all! No matter how strong he was, the attacker might use dirty tricks or overwhelm him with large numbers. 

"If I'm not strong enough to protect my fiance, I would not be a worthy husband-to-be."

Xiao Hua blushed and no longer want to argue with him! How could he easily said such sappy things without getting embarrassed?

They will be travelling using a small and plain carriage, but the interior was as luxurious as the other Third Prince's carriage. Even if they were travelling incognito, they still have to travel in comfort!

By now, Xiao Hua knew better than peeking out of the window. After An Jing had explained why she should not do so, Xiao Hua felt like an ignorant kid. 

To show her face out, what if someone recognized her as the Third Prince's maidservant? Such manner was undisciplined and invited danger. In contrast, Third Prince was just worried that she would accidentally drop out of the window. 

Xiao Hua: That's just ridiculous! I'm not baby size!

"Where are we going?" She was curious what does dates consist of in this time era. In most chinese novels she had read, most of the true dates were usually unknown by others because it happened during the night where the hero will slip into the heroine's bedroom.