"No, Vikk don't look. I know you probably have no idea but trust me, you don't want to see it. It's bad." He moved to sit behind me, resting my head on his lap but holding his hand up to block my eyes from looking down further below my waist.

"Why? Is it bad?" He looked down at me with wide eyes.

"Shit, adrenaline must be hitting you hard right now. Vikk your tibia is literally snapped in half right now, the only thing keeping it there is your skin. Some of the bone is through that though."

I gulped, attempting to take a quick glance at it but I was almost glad when Cal clamped his hand down over my eyes, preventing me from even trying.

"Just... trust me." He said, his voice high. "You really don't want to."

The adrenaline had begun to fade slightly by the time Harry reappeared, sitting on the back of a snowmobile alongside a medic carrying quite a large first aid kit. Harry no longer had his skis and the medic approached me with a huge smile, although his eyes were flickering between my face and my leg.

"Hey, heard you've taken a tumble, that looks to be a pretty wicked injury." I nodded, my hand scrabbling to find Cal's behind me. "You feeling okay." I wrinkled my nose.

"I'm not really feeling it but it's coming back..."

"Alright, let's get you down to the bottom before the adrenaline wears off."

The trip down to the bottom of the mountain got steadily more painful and by the end of the trip there were tears falling down my cheeks, my hand gripping tightly onto Cal's and biting down on my lip so hard that it bled. Callux and Harry had to ski back down, meeting us in the medical section of the ski resort where they were discussing transferring me to the hospital.

All I could think was, god, everything hurt.

----------------------------------------------------------

I didn't remember much about the trip down to the hospital or the ensuing hours and when I did finally properly come around, I had had surgery and my entire leg was casted. Cal was half asleep on the chair beside me and I must have been drugged to high heaven because there was no pain anymore and I simply felt a little woozy.

"Cal?" I said with half closed eyes, looking around. He jolted awake and a relieved smile overcame his face as he realised I was awake, scooting his chair closer.

"Hey Vikk." He breathed, reaching out to squeeze my hand. "How ya feeling?"

"I'm alright." I mumbled, glancing down at my leg. The entire thing was encased at a slight angle that made it quite hard to lie on my back, so I shifted onto my side, facing him. "I don't remember much." He laughed.

"I'm not surprised, once the adrenaline wore off you basically passed out. They got you into surgery fast, that was about 4 hours ago so it's been quite a day honestly."

"What's the time?"

"Ummm... just after 8? Harry and Cal went back home, I'm staying the night."

"Oh." I mumbled. "Why're you staying?" He looked surprised.

"Because I care about you Vikk, and lord knows I didn't want you waking up alone in a hospital after surgery." He smiled, squeezing my hand again. I blinked.

"O-oh."

"You sound disappointed?" He said with a laugh, but I could see concern in his eyes.

"I'm not I just..." I couldn't think of what to say.

"I just what?"

"I was just wondering why you were being so protective. You aren't normally like that... you weren't like that when I broke my collarbone, so what changed?"

Red flooded his cheeks and he looked away from me, clearly pretty embarrassed about something. His hand slid from mine and he folded one leg over the other, taking a quick glance at my leg and reaching up to adjust the sheets so it covered me. I was grateful, as the room was quite cold.

"Because you're special to me Vikk, and I really like you. I can't bear to see you hurt and when you broke your collarbone I was terrified but with the other guys... I didn't really do much. But this time... god I just couldn't not be protective." He smiled.

"You... you like me?" I said, blinking. "As in... like like me?"

"Yes, I like like you." He said with a smile, leaning up.

His kiss was soft, a little hesitant, but we both pulled away from the light touch grinning like idiots. My cheeks were flushed red and I looked away, embarrassed. Cal laughed.

"As much as I feel mean for saying this, I'm glad it happened." That earned a laugh from me.

"I'm not quite as glad, but I am somewhat."

He leaned over and kissed me again, slipping his hand back into mine.

"You tired?" I nodded. "Then sleep. I'll be here when you wake."