Vikklan- Jokes Part 3

Start from the beginning

"We- we wanted to tell you something." I said shakily, gulping. The others in the call glanced around both curiously and slightly nervously.

"Yeah... what's up?" Rob continued.

"I- ummmm" I stuttered, stumbling over my words. Lachlan took over, knowing I wasn't going to get it out.

"We're together. I'm pan, Vikk's gay."

"And I'm trans.

There was a solid 20 second pause before Mitch yelled out, grinning.

"YES! Congratulations you two! And holy shit Vikky!" Jerome wrapped his arms around his boyfriends waist, smiling, and Rob and Preston started grinning too, congratulations ringing in our ears. Lachlan and I were grinning stupidly from ear to ear.

"I can't imagine the courage it took to come out, especially you Vikk. You're so brave." Rob said. "I just wanna reach out and hug you right now."

I almost burst into tears from happiness and Lachlan hugged me tightly, smiling.

"Thank God." He whispered, squeezing me. "We're accepted. You're accepted."

------------------------------------------------------------------

The unlimited and undeniable support from the other members of the Pack perhaps emboldened me to come out to my other friends, who were living around London and with whom I recorded videos with almost daily and with whom I formed the Sidemen.

Lachlan was encouraging but somewhat hesitant because he didn't know the boys very well, all he knew of them was the somewhat homophobic comments they had made on occasion in videos and my stories of them. He didn't know if they would be accepting of me and neither did I actually.

Once again I came out in a call because I didn't have the courage to do it face to face, Lachlan sitting beside me with his hand wound tightly in mine. He had agreed to come out to them in my extension of coming out so I could tell them that we were together and he was pretty nervous as well, chewing on his bottom lip.

This time it was me who asked him if he was ready.

"Ready?" I asked lowly, my breathing shaky. Lachlan nodded, pale as a sheet of paper which I knew was because he had no idea how the boys would react. He had been calm coming out to the Pack because he knew they were opened minded and Mitch and Jerome were already very out and very gay.

The other boys were already in a call waiting for us, chattering away and Tobi was the only one who acknowledged our entrance into the call. He looked surprised when he saw Lachlan and I realised that none of them knew that Lachlan was now living with me, and had been for almost 2 months.

"Oh! Hey Vikk, hey Lachlan!" That caught the attention of the others and slowly the talking slowed as they realised that Lachlan was with me.

"Ummmm.. hi?" Simon said, visibly confused. "Why.... what's this call about?"

Lachlan and I looked between each other and, knowing that Lachlan wasn't going to be able to say anything, I spoke up.

"There's something I- we, we wanted to tell you guys." I stuttered, Lachlan squeezing my hand to try and calm me even though he looked even more scared than I felt.

"Wait...?" Harry interrupted us. "Are you two together!?" I nodded wordlessly, shaking.

There was a pause.

"And I'm trans. I transitioned before I met you."

There was another pause but before I could say anything more the call ended and I sat there in a stunned silence.

"What- what just happened?" Lachlan stuttered, my heart sinking all the way down to my feet. I knew exactly what had happened.

They didn't accept me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a text about half an hour later informing me that I was no longer a member of the Sidemen; I screamed and broke down crying while Lachlan tried to comfort me. He was just as distressed as I was but still did his best, holding me close and rocking me back and forth, all the while crying himself.

When he hummed his voice shook and I could feel the tears dripping onto the floor but still he held me tight, eventually going as far to unzip his hoodie, pull me into him and zipping it up around me. I just sobbed myself into a daze and finally just lay there against his chest, wide eyed and in shock.

Lachlan and I fell asleep together on the bed after he carried me there, tears still falling down my cheeks and Lachlan's entire body trembling. I knew he was in shock too but he had a more physical reaction than me even though he had reassured me it was fine, he couldn't help the shaking.

"Sleepy Vikky?" Lachlan whispered, his arms around me, still zipped up in his hoodie. I nodded, I was even though I felt like shit and was still in shock. He pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Just... try and forget about it for now? I know you won't be able to, but just try and sleep."

I nodded slowly and snuggled myself closer to him. I knew I wouldn't forget but with Lachlan beside me and his arms around me, for a moment I could pretend it didn't happen and that everything was okay.

"I'll try." I mumbled back, wiggling closer. "Love you."

Lachlan laughed but tried to stifle a sob at the same time.

"I love you too." He whispered. "I love you too."