Roman (Ch.24)

I stood there in complete and total shock as the two finally reached us. Deceit was pretty much examining me as Virgil looked around in awe. Logan smiled as he nudged me forward.

"I take you're done with your important discussion?" Deceit narrowed his eyes as I slowly fixed the glasses anxiously and nodded.

"Your father just wanted to make sure I was aware of a few..." I glanced over at Virgil who was bent over a flower with this smile on his face. "...things." Deceit nodded and Virgil glanced back. He frowned seeing how I fixed the glasses again and sighed as he stood up.

"Are you ok Roman?" I frowned as he pointed up at the glasses. "You still have a headache?"

"Uh... a little. It's the lights, that's all." I lied through my teeth and I could feel my skin crawl as his face fell. "I do want to get my own glasses though." I shot Deceit this look and smiled sadly. "I appreciate the help but the last thing I was is to risk Remi's glasses." Deceit's face went white as I hugged myself a bit. It was hard. I still hadn't gotten that memory out of my head yet. "So if we could get to a store that would be great."

"R-Remi..." Deceits voice shook and I frowned. Shit... maybe I shouldn't have called him that. Tears seemed to build in his eyes and I frowned. 

"Dee..." He shook himself from his thoughts and held his hand out. I tensed up knowing exactly what he wanted. "Dee, I don't think..."

"I will not help you lie to each other." Deceits eyes started to glow a bit and I frowned. "Not anymore. If you want to hide it... figure out a way on your own." He held his hand out a little more forcefully and I frowned.

"Dee, I hope you realize I would never force you to do something you didn't want." I slowly took the glasses off trying very hard to ignore the way Virgil tensed up. I handed the glasses over with a smile on my face as Deceit frowned. He hesitantly took them with a question in his eyes. "Did you think I would refuse?" He just stared at them as I looked over at Logan. The king was trying very hard to stay out of it. "My eyes are gold... I don't really know why but I'm not going to steal Remi's sunglasses just to hide them." Again Deceit's face paled as he looked up at me. "They're more important than a little anxiety."

"S-So... You have... eyes." Virgil was stunned trying to work through things but I couldn't help but laugh at his broken sentence.

"Yes, Virgil. I have eyes. Two of them in fact. And there gold surprisingly..." He shot me this look as I just smiled. That was just on the outside though. Inside I was a raging mess of fear. You couldn't tell but I was literally losing it. I wouldn't have refused. I was going to refuse. I didn't because the memory of Remi dying was still fresh in my head. I wasn't about to have Deceit mad at me. The simple fact that he let me wear them at all was a lot. And I knew the only reason he asked for them back was because he didn't want to lie anymore. He hated lying to Virgil... and to me. About what I'm not sure but I could see it, and I wasn't mad. If Virgil had something he wanted kept from me, that I didn't already prove to Deceit I knew... that's for Virgil to tell me. Deceit just felt bad that he had forced me to come clean when that also was not his intention. He just wanted the glasses back. "Anyway... Can we just get going?" They both looked at me like I was this mad man. "I don't want to talk about my eyes. I don't want to talk about what happened in the moon pool. I just..." I frowned slightly as the buzz of nerves I felt turned into a literal buzz of energy around me. "I want to head out."

"B-But it's getting dark soon." Virgil's voice was quiet and I could see how Logan's eyes went dark. "And... last time we were out at night..."

"That's why we have an RV, Virgil." His eyes went wide slightly and Logan glanced over at me questioningly. "And why I also said the room was strictly yours."

"I don't want the master bed." I groaned in frustration ignoring how my eyes started to glow. "R-Ro..."

"I don't give two flying fucks whether you want the bed or not." They all just froze in shock. I had never snapped like this. Never... Not even before all this. "The room is yours. I am NEVER going to set foot in that back room regardless if you actually ever use it." His eyes darkened and I frowned crossing my arms in annoyance. "I want to leave, Virgil. I... I have to leave." I was struggling to hold back the energy that was building around me. Deceit caught on real quick thought, probably because I was shaking.

"Why don't we meet you in the RV, huh Virge?" Virgil's eyes went wide as Deceit literally started to drag me out of the room. 

"But Dee, what about..." I winced as my head started to hurt. My whole body was burning with this unseen fire. I was scared and confused. I don't understand what's going on with me. I don't know anything. Just... Just that this was magic. Magic that as a human I was never meant to feel.

"Trust me, Virgil. It's better if we go."