Roman (Ch.9)

"Goodnight?" I watched from the door as Virgil ran. Something was clearly wrong. I glanced at the clock and sighed. It was 8 o'clock. I let the door close and turned to look over at the man that usually made me so uncomfortable. Now that he was asleep his scales were in full view and I frowned. He wasn't bad looking. Not at all... 

It wasn't his appearance that made me uncomfortable. I couldn't care less that he looked like a snake... no matter what I may actually say on the matter. It's his eyes. It's his dangerous expression. One he didn't have while asleep. I took a deep breath and walked over to him. He was out cold. You couldn't even tell if he was breathing.

"Deceit?" I called out, but nothing. I shook his shoulders softly and still nothing. I glanced quickly at the door and frowned before nearly shoving Deceit off the bed. He groaned and turned onto his side. "DECEIT!" He flinched and I ran a hand through my hair. I was not going to get anything from him. I don't understand. It was like as soon as the sun went down he was dead to world. I fixed his covers and ran to grab my coat. 

"Forget it, I'll find out on my own." I walked out of the room and looked back to see the door close. I saw where Virgil was heading. He was leaving, not going to another room. I left and looked up at the night sky frowning. Where would he be heading at this time of night? I'm not nieve. I know more about the other races that most give me credit for. Certain people with them get affected by different things. Like how the sun sprites are stronger when in direct sunlight. Or how's moon fairies sparkle like their covered in millions of tiny diamonds when exposed to moonlight. Deceit's sleeping thing must be a reaction to something... although I've never heard of a snake that sleeps at night.

I shivered slightly as the wind picked up. How can Virgil even be out here right now? It's cold out and he only had that hoodie and beanie. I'm cold and I have an actual coat on. I shook my head and looked around. Where was Virgil heading anyway? Was he affected by something? He is Elven after all. It would make sense. He didn't want to inform me because he doesn't know that I know. What if it's bad? What if he passes out like Deceit and gets hurt? What if...

There was this loud honk and I opened my eyes to find headlight shining in my face. I jumped out of the way, on to the sidewalk, and looked around. I was at a park? When did I get here? Last I checked I was outside the hotel. I hadn't even started walking yet. 

Something was drawing me in. I couldn't tell you what though. To be honest, this has never happened to me before. I walked past the gate and frowned. I say it's a park because that's what its called. Kaeton National park... One of 5 in the human realm. Basically its nothing but woods. A lot of it too. I looked around as I walked through, getting lost in the view and smiled. I wonder if Virgil came here. 

Now that I think about it... I don't know what kind of elf he is. Let see there are the Wood elves and the high elves. Then there are the hybrids... the sun, snow, rock, water, and moon elves. Then finally the half-elves... the ones with a human parent.

"SHIT!"