Roman (Ch.14)

"ROMAN! I know you're out there somewhere!" Shit! I placed Virgil down behind a tree and took off the cloak, using it to cover him up entirely. I snuck my way over to our bags and quickly grabbed the actual headphones. If there is going to be a fight, and there is going to have to be, the last thing I want is for Virgil to hear and wake up and go through what he did yesterday. I snuck back over to Virgil and frowned. He was sleeping so peacefully. He even had this small smile on his face that I will admit was cute. I had to protect. Him and Deceit both. They can't protect themselves at night. I quickly switched the earbuds for the headphones and stepped back as Virgil sleepily held them closer. "ROMAN!"

I narrowed my eyes and snuck back using the trees as cover. There were three men. All were elves, of course. One had a sword pointed at Deceit as he slept there completely unaware of what was happening. He was out, that's what happens. I gripped the earbuds tightly and wrapped them around both my hands, leaving some loose for a reason. I've seen a few movies. I know what I'm going to try. I don't have a weapon right now. It's with my horse.

I quickly moved around spotting one of the men farthest from the group. He had his back to me. I smiled as I quietly tiptoed behind him and... I had the cord around his neck so fast he didn't even have to react. He kicked and struggled but I pulled him into the woods, holding the cord tightly around him until he went limp. He fell the ground with a thud and I frowned. I unwrapped the earbuds from my hands and threw them onto the ground slightly pissed. How the hell did they even find us?

"Mik? MIK! Where the hell did that ass hole go? Rylo go find him." I smiled as I skirted out of the way grabbing a thick ass branch and narrowed my eyes. Again I walked up behind the person and frowned as I accidentally stepped on a twig. They spun around and swung hard, breaking the branch across his face and causing him to hit a tree hard. He was out. "Roman! I know that's you. GET THE FUCK OVER HERE OR HE DIES!"

"Fine!" I dropped the broken branch and put my hands up in surrender as I slowly made my way into view. The man frowned seeing me and glanced back behind me. "Don't bother. I already got to them." He narrowed his eyes and walked over to me, sword in hand. He wasn't even going to wait. He wanted me dead and he wasn't going to risk anything. He swung at me and I jumped back tripping on a root and frowned. He just scoffed as he swung again. I grabbed the closest thing and threw it at him. The rock his face and he staggered back in surprise as I jumped up and grabbed him. I twisted his neck until a head a snap and watched as he dropped. He dead. they're all taken out... every one is...

"Shit..." I groaned looking down to see the sword in my side and I fell back into a tree. I slid down down it and laughed. Of course, I would get hurt now. I gripped the blade in my hands ignoring the pain and slowly pulled the sword out of me, my hands getting cut up in the process. My entire kingdom is in danger and I get hurt on the first attack. If I couldn't even make do it this time how was I ever going to make it farther along? Weak... pathetic... human. We're nothing without our weapons. We don't even have a royal treasure. How am I supposed to fight against the elves?

"Roman?" I slowly opened my eyes and blinked away the haze to see Deceit standing over me, the sun slowly rising behind him. "Roman, what happened?"

"What?" I shook my head trying to get rid of this headache and I head Deceit groan. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? There are three bodies and you're covered in blood. Thankfully your not hurt but..." I jumped up with a start, scaring the shit out of Deceit, and looked myself over. I had gotten hurt. The proof was the blood on my shirt and the tear in it from the sword. I lifted up my shirt and my eyes went wide. The blood had dried but there was no visible injury. No sign of one at all. There wasn't even any pain. "Roman?" I looked at my hands and the same thing... nothing. No cuts. No marks. No scars. Nothing but dried blood. How... "ROMAN!"

"What?!" I glared at him and he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"What happened last night? Who are these men?" I narrowed my eyes and pulled myself up, a little sore from how I slept. I don't even remember falling asleep. I looked around and frowned. "Roman?"

"They attack us...er me. You were asleep and Virgil he... Well, that doesn't matter. He was safe." Deceit looked around starting to get worried and I shook my head. "He's behind a tree covered in your cloak unless he got up and moved. I doubt it though."

"I'm confused."

"They attacked I got two of them no problem, but..." 

"Where did all that blood come from?" He cut me off and I just stared at my hands. How is this possible. I thought I was going to die. I was hurt and there isn't even a mark.

"He stabbed me." Deceit just glared at me and I threw my arms out. "I'm serious Deceit. I didn't have my weapon and he got me, as I was trying to snap his neck."

"That would explain the blood, Roman, but there isn't any..."

"THAT'S WHY I'M SO CONFUSED!"

"Can you guys keep it down?" We both turned around to see Virgil standing there with Deceit cloak, looking like he usually does now that the sun is up, with a scowl on his face.  He spotted my shirt and it instantly turned to worry. "Roman, you're..."

"I'm fine. Had a bit off trouble during the night but I handled it." His eyes narrowed and I slowly started to pack up, searching the elves for anything that might be useful. "I think now is a good time to get that Rv we spoke about." I looked back at them with a huge, and fake, smile. "What do you say, Virgil!"