Chapter 23- The Plan

"'Cause my heart is in your hands. Don't you understand? I'll never stop." I'll Never Stop, *NSYNC

Nathan's P.O.V

"And then we can have the single come out this Friday." Our manager explained. It didn't even matter, because I wasn't paying attention anyway. Not with my phone in my hands and a certain someone on the other line I was texting.

"Nathan? Nathan? Nathan, are you even listening to a word I'm saying?"

Of course I still ignored it.

"Nath!" Tom exclaimed and smacked me with the papers in his hands.

"Ouch!" I interjected. "What the-"

"Maybe you should pay attention more." Tom smirked and straightened himself out in his chair. "We need to know the details about our new single, Nathan. You really should put that phone down."

"NO!" I replied and looked down at my phone once more. Another new message!

"Nathan," our manager started. "Could you put it away for one second? This is important."

"How do you know that my conversation isn't important?" I argued.

Our manager shook his head and fell back into his seat. Sorry, but no one comes between my one chance of communicating with Jordan.

"Oh for the love of-" Jay said out loud and frustratedly got up. He reached over to me and snatched my phone away from my hands. My jaw dropped and I gave him an unbelievable look.

Jay sat back in his seat and shrugged. "Someone had to do it. And none of you did." he said.

I crossed my arms and sat back in my chair. Tom burst out laughing and made it nearly impossible to stay still.

I turned my head to the side to look at him and shot him a glare.

He continued to laugh and slapped his knees. "You got it bad, mate!" he said in between laughs. "You should've seen the look on your face when Jay took your phone!"

I shook my head and sat back in my chair.

They'll never understand.

Jordan's P.O.V

No new text messages.

I knitted my eyebrows together and stared at my phone screen in confusion.

Nathan didn't text back. I guess he had something to do. I sighed and threw my phone to the other end of the bed.

"Are you FINALLY done texting?" Heather peered her head into the doorway and asked. She saw my phone across the bed and let out a sigh of relief. “Well it’s about time!”

I shook my head and jumped off my bed. “I was just texting. Wasn’t hurting nobody.”

“Yeah I bet you can say that all day, but when the phone bill comes, YOU’RE paying this time.” Heather said and walked out the door.

“Whatever.” I mumbled and followed her downstairs. The rest of the girls were all in the living room. Kat was writing something in her little journal while Willow and Rachael were trying to find something to watch on TV.

“Did your thumbs finally feel the pain from all that texting?” Willow asked as I walked in. I fell down onto the couch and wasted no time in throwing a pillow at Willow.

“Ouch!” she exclaimed as soon as the pillow whacked her in the head.

I laughed and stuck out my tongue at her. “Did your head feel THAT pain?” I asked.