Chapter 48- I'm Here To Stay

"You could fall, hit the wall. You could lose your way. You could lose. You could bruise. Spend it all in a day. But I won't let go..." -Made, The Wanted

Jordan’s P.O.V

He comes and he goes yet again. Talk about Déjà vu.

Jason is back once again in jail for life this time. They even had to set up special security guards around his cell so he wouldn’t escape.

And now, here we are at yet another hospital, for yet another one of our friends. This time it was both Kat and Nathan. Last time it was me.

Nathan was fine and he just needed to get his stab wounds fixed up, but it was Kat that everyone was worrying about.

She was in a coma for the past three hours. It was now almost 5am and we all still sat in the same places in the waiting room like we first entered.

Willow was fast asleep on Siva’s shoulder, Rachael and Jay were playing some game on his iPhone, and Heather and Tom were sitting side by side, holding each other’s hands for dear life.

Max and I were the only ones not sitting down. Max stood right by Kat’s door, because he said that he wanted to be the first one to hear about Kat’s status from the doctor.

I stood right by Heather, hoping to myself that everything would be okay.

Every now and then I would go upstairs to visit Nathan, and he would greet me with a smile and a kiss before telling me to go off and check up on Kat just in case she woke up.

Gosh, if we lost Kat, I honestly think we’d all completely lose it.

“What time is it?” Heather asked.

Jay exited out of the game him and Rachael were playing and looked at the time. “About 5:15.” He replied.

Heather sighed and let go of Tom’s hand. She put her head in her hands and stayed that way for about a minute before she sat back up again. “Gosh, I haven’t been this worried since Jordan’s coma.” She said.

I smiled as I thought back to my coma. Weird, I know, yeah. But I remember Nathan being the only one who actually stayed by side until I woke up. And though I love everyone here to pieces, they all just left. But I don’t blame them. I was out for quite a while.

The door opened and a doctor carrying a clipboard by his side stood out. He looked at everyone slowly and nodded his head before finally speaking. “Are you all friends of Kat’s?”

We all nodded our heads.

“I see,” the doctor said and adjusted his glasses that were perched on his nose. He sighed and stared at the clipboard once more, not making eye contact with any of us. “Well, I’m afraid that we really don’t know if your friend is going to wake up.”

My eyes went wide immediately. I opened my mouth to say something but Max beat me to it.

“What do you mean you don’t know if she’s going to wake up?!” Max exclaimed.

The doctor raised his eyebrows at Max. “And you are.?”

“Her boyfriend.” Max said between gritted teeth. “Now will you please tell me if my baby girl’s gonna make it or not?”

“Look, I am sorry, but we really don’t know. She lost a lot of blood, and it is almost humanly impossible to live undergoing that much loss.”

“So you’re saying she won’t make it?!”

The doctor closed his eyes and sighed. He opened them once more and took off his glasses. “Listen, I am not saying that. All I’m saying is that it is about a 50 50 chance right now. Me and the other doctors will try our best to help her, but we can’t guarantee anything.”