Chapter 18- Justice Is Served!

“You can say I’m crazy, if you want to. That’s true. I’m crazy about you.” It Makes Me Ill, *NSYNC

Nathan’s P.O.V

Ugh, I’m so stupid. Why was I trying to get involved in Jordan’s love life so much right now? I know I like her, but I can’t just barge in and claim my feelings for her at this time. She’s already going through enough. 

I sighed and placed both hands on my head, falling down into one of the chairs next to Jay. “I guess ‘making a move’ has its certain limit.” I breathed out and looked over at him.

Jay chuckled and whispered something to Rachael, making her smile and get up to go talk to the rest of the girls. “Nathan, when the time is right, then it’ll just feel right.”

“Since when did you become some sort of love doctor all of a sudden?”

Jay shrugged, “Since I got a girlfriend who just so happens to be best friends with your current little crush. Ya know, this can come in handy when you’re trying to find out something about Jordan.”

“Makes sense.” I mumbled and sat back. “I just wanna get this all over with.”

“You and me, and the rest of us all can agree with that.” Jay said.

Jordan’s P.O.V

If this little interview here was annoying and boring, I can only imagine how The Wanted boys have to deal with interviews all the time.

Officer Davis showed me into the room and gestured towards the empty chair in the room in front of a desk. Across the table from that chair was another chair that was occupied by another officer. I was assuming it was Officer Roger.

“Miss Blake, you may sit in the chair and Officer Roger will start interviewing you.” Officer Davis said and walked back out the door, leaving me in the room with Officer Roger.

I took a deep breath and went to go sit in the chair across from the officer. He either didn’t hear or even see me walk in, or he did and just completely ignored me because when I sat down he just continued to look down at some folder that he was looking through.

I raised my eyebrow and tried to sit up and look at what the officer was looking at. All I could make out was a picture of Jason before the officer looked up at me and closed the file. “Hello Miss Blake.” He said and leaned back in his chair. “Soo, let’s discuss all of this. I know you’re feeling a little nervous about it all, but don’t worry. I’m only here to ask the questions. Just give me the answers I’m looking for and then we’ll decide what to do with Jason.”

I felt a shiver run through my body as soon as Officer Roger said his. I shook it off and nodded my head.

Officer Roger once again opened the folder and started to read through a few things before finally asking me. “Okay so Jordan, how old are you?”

“I am eighteen, turning nineteen next month.” I replied.

Officer Roger nodded and flipped over a page, but continued reading. “I see here that Jason is nineteen years old, correct?”

I nodded.

“Okay so when did you two start dating? And how did you meet?”

I took and deep breath and tried to sit back and remember when we started dating. It seemed so long ago, but all those scars and bruises made it sadly easier to remember. “Well we started dating a little more than a year ago. We met through mutual friends.”

“And when did this abusive behavior start occurring?” he asked and looked up at me.

My eyes shot to the ceiling, trying to avoid his gaze, and a million things ran through my mind.