Chapter 17- Hugs At The Station

"Because, it's our destiny." No Strings Attached, *NSYNC

Jordan’s P.O.V

Heather, Rachael, and I got a cab to take us down to the police station. I was not looking forward to it at all. Hospitals are bad enough in my mind, but police stations are even worse. I mean seriously, imagine standing in a place filled with a bunch of criminals around you. Is that not just plain creepy and scary?

And worse of all, the reason we’re going there is because of Jason. That means I have to see his disgusting face yet again.

“Aye Rachael, pay the man!” Heather said from the front seat when we reached the station. She looked out the window and shivered a bit. “Dang, this place is worse than the hospital.”

“But I paid last time. It’s your turn to pay!” Rachael argued. Heather sighed and searched through her pockets for some money. “I don’t even have any Bahamian money on me. And I don’t think he’ll except American bills.”

The taxi driver sat and ran his hand over the wheel, patiently waiting for us to pay him and then kick us out of his cab.

Rachael shook her head and started going through her pockets now. She tried to dig deeper and eventually pulled out a bill. Looking at it with a unsure face she nudged closer to the taxi driver and handed him the bill. “Umm do you have change for a-“

“Nope,” the taxi driver interrupted and grabbed the bill. “Now go.” He said and gestured towards the door.

“Well okay then.” I mumbled and opened the door. Rachael sat there dumbfounded for a bit before finally getting out of the car. Heather was the first to get out and not even hesitate to burst out laughing. “Dang Rachael, you’re really not good at paying in other countries, huh?”

“No. It’s called being nice actually. That man now has a tip. A very big tip, but ya know…it-it’s still a tip.” Rachael tried to find the right words to say. She shook her head at her fail and then opened the door to the station. “Well here we go.”

I sighed and walked in after her. “At least he’ll be gone for good now.”

“You got that right, girl.” Heather said and walked in right after me. We walked past a couple of police walking around with either coffee mugs in their hands or grabbing someone else and trying to control them. I didn’t hesitate to go and hide behind Rachael and Heather, holding onto both their arms for dear life. I’m definitely not a fan of this place.

“Rachael! Heather! Jordan!” a voice called. We looked up to see Willow waving at us, with Siva by her side. Right behind her stood Nathan and Tom, right in front of a counter, talking to one of the policemen. “Come here guys!”

I smiled at the sight of everyone and walked towards them. Out of nowhere, I went and gave Willow a small hug. She didn’t hesitate or even question me. She just wrapped her arms around me and smiled. “Welcome back, Dani.” She whispered.

I pulled away and shot her another smile. “Great to be back. I really don’t like this place, but if it means finally getting rid of….him…I’m all up for it.”

“Don’t worry, Nathan and Tom have been telling the officers everything. And the rest of us talked about all that we know. Now they just need for you to put in the missing pieces and that boy will face quite some time in prison, where he belongs.” Willow told me and nodded towards the counter. “Go ahead, settle this once and for all.”

I nodded and made my way to the counter. I stood next to Nathan, leaning towards it and put my elbows laid out on top. Taking a few seconds to finally realize I was standing next to him, Nathan got off of the counter and opened his arms. “Hey Jordan!” he beamed at me and wrapped his arms around me.