75

"You gave birth to two beautiful healthy babies," Dr. Sue smiled, handing over my baby boy back to Elise. "Nothing seems out of the ordinary despite them being born a couple months early. You two are blessed." She smiled in my direction.

Tears were still running down my face from just pure joy as I stared into the face of my daughter. Everything about them were just perfect.

I didn't know I could love another human being this hard until now. This love was beyond anything I've ever known.

"Congratulations, Michael," Sasha placed a hand on my shoulder, smiling down at me but behind the smile was noticeable hurt. "They're beautiful."

She congratulated Elise once more before leaving the basement.

She was clearly upset about something and as much as I cared for her, I didn't want to go after her just yet. I just wanted to bask in this new joy I was fortunate to experience.

The doctor spoke some more to Elise and suggested she take the twins to do a follow up with a specialist just to make sure that nothing was missed since this was an unexpected birth.

When all was said and done, Dr. Sue left.

"I can't believe I witnessed a live birth today," Trevor chuckled.

"It's such a beautiful thing," Lauren smiled. "I can't believe I actually make a great midwife."

"You did an amazing job," Elise laughed. "You and Sasha. I can't thank you enough"

"We should leave you two alone for a bit," Lauren got up and motioned for Trevor to join her out of the basement. "Bond with your two bundles of joy."

Once we were alone, I stood with my baby girl snug in my arms and went over to sit next to Elise who had my baby boy in hers.

"I can't wait till my mom meets them," Elise smiled, wiping a tear from her eye.

"I can't wait till my family meets them too. Mother, especially."

"Look at all this hair," she giggled, adjusting the baby's bonnet. "No wonder I was always having heartburn. His hat won't even stay on."

"Have you thought about names yet?"

"I was thinking about naming him after my grandfather but I can't think of a name for baby girl."

"What's your grandfather's name?" I looked at her.

"Gio," she smiled, "Giovanni Ramon Valentino."

"Giovanni Jackson. . ." I looked at him in her arms and his eyes were wide open. "Giovanni Michael Jackson. I love it."

"I don't think we should give them middle names," Elise pouted.

I frowned, looking at her. "What do you mean you don't think we should give them middle names?"

"I don't know, I just—"

"Then we're naming him Michael, Jr." I scoffed. "He's my son. He should at least carry my name."

"Fine, his middle name is Michael," she rolled her eyes.

"You're obviously bothered by it. . .I wonder why."

"I'm sorry," she sighed. "I didn't mean to make it a big deal. I don't want to argue when we should be celebrating this moment right now."