62

Michael's Point Of View

I rang the doorbell twice and waited for an answer. The afternoon was transitioning into evening, bringing in the cool weather of fall.

I looked back at Dean who was impatiently fidgeting near the car. "Dean, you alright?" I chuckled.

"Sir, I just don't think this is a good idea to—"

Dean is cut off when the door in front of me suddenly opens but the person who greets me isn't Tatiana.

"Oh, uh. . .I'm sorry, I think I have the wrong house." I said, backing away from the door.

Whoever this woman is, she is absolutely breathtaking.

"No, no," she smiled, "you're here for Tatiana, right? Cause I know damn well Michael Jackson ain't standing here to see me." She giggled.

"Uh, yeah," I shoved my hands in my pockets and shrugged. "is she here?"

"She'll be here in . . .in about thirty-five minutes actually. She's flying in from New York" She stepped back and opened the door wider. "You could come in and wait for her."

Before I could even answer, Dean was already behind me. "Sir, we can come back another time."

"No it's fine." I said. "I can wait here."

"Sir, I—"

"It's ok," the young lady smiled, "you guys could wait in here till she gets back. I'm Alexis," she held out her hand to me and I shook it. "Tatiana's cousin." She shook Dean's hand before inviting us in.

It was a decent looking home in a beautiful neighborhood. It was clear that Tatiana was doing well for herself.

"Make yourself at home." She gave us a slight smile. "Can I get you guys anything? Snacks, wine, water. . ."

Dean shook his head, "no we're fi—"

"We'll have some water." I smiled.

"No, problem. I'll be right back." She winked before walking past Dean and I.

My eyes followed her beautiful and curvaceous body until she disappeared into the kitchen. She was slim in the waist and had an ass fat enough to make any man drool.

"Damn," I mumbled under my breath before turning to Dean who was staring at me like a disappointed parent. "What?" I snickered.

"You're no good." He laughed, shaking his head.

"How?"

"Man to man, Mike," Dean's face became serious, "what are you really here for?"

"What do you mean, 'what am I here for'? Can I not pay an old friend a visit?"

"An ex, Michael. She's not just an old friend. She's your ex."

"What rule says I can't visit my ex?" I smirked, raising a brow. "Hmm?"

Dean shook his head and sighed, "I know you too well, Mike. There's just something behind this whole visit."

"Well, I—"

"Is it ok if their not cold?" Alexis came walking back towards us with two water bottles in her hands. "I forgot to restock the fridge this morning."